Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

one forum, network of sites

• This is the current situation: I currently have running several wordpress/buddypress sites across individual independent servers and am still in the planning phase of hooking them all up using the wordpress multisite strategy. One parent site -> multiple children sites. The immediate issue lies in having a sole and central forum space for this network of sites, provided by the parent site. I need all members of the children sites to automatically be members of the parent site in order to participate in the sole and central forum. One way to automatically add members has been provided.

I also need to be able to create:

Individual forum themes – Depending on where you are accessing the forum from, the displayed forum should adopt the theme from the child or parent site, e.g. when a member accesses the forum through a link found on child_site_A, the displayed forum should be skinned with child_site_A’s theme, and if the forum is accessed on child_site_B, it should be skinned with child_site_B’s theme. One way I can see this being done is to use php include and adopt the specific style sheets accordingly from the child’s site.

I’m certain I am not the only person experiencing an issue like this, since it seems like a potentially common problem but I have not found any such solutions around. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar