Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Oh bother! No topics were found here!

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I am getting “Oh bother! No topics were found here!” when I go to the forum, whether I am logged in or not. Another moderator is also experiencing the same problem so I know it is not just me. This happened about an hour or so ago. All was working fine until then.

What is interesting is if I click on one of the replies or topics listed in the sidebar forum widgets for Recent Topics, Recent Replies, I then CAN SEE the topics and replies. I can also see them in the dashboard. So they are all there, just won’t show up to the user.

I have run all the forum tools and that did not help. I have cleared cache and rebooted the browser. I switched themes to the current WP Twenty Fourteen with no luck. I tried opening it in Chrome, no difference, the forum is missing, though the topics and replies can be opened from the side widget. I am running WP 3.9.2.

Any other suggestions? We are an active forum and it’s important to get it back up working.
    Thank you, Matoca

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, are you getting the forum index, or at what stage doe this problem start?

can you send a url link?

Robin W

@robin-w

and can you see things in the backend, or is it just the front end that causing an issue?

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Robin,
    Thank you for replying so quickly.

The forum index does show. But clicking on a forum, no topics are displayed, just the “Oh Bother” message. If I am not logged in, selecting a Recent Topic of Recent Reply in the sidebar will show a message that “It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.”

However, when I am logged in and click on a Recent Topic or a Recent Reply, I will see the topic or reply! So I can navigate those recent items, but nothing else. I can see all in the dashboard.

But either logged in or not, if I try to view the forum directly by clicking on AIHA Dog, the Oh Bother message appears.
    http://www.secondchanceaihadogs.com/forums/

AIHA Dog

my best
    patrice

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Update: Bluehost crashed all my domains this afternoon due to a server problem and when they finally brought it back up, everything is working fine. I’ll never know what it was that they disabled that caused the server so many forum problems for over 12 hours. I had all other kinds of issues too besides this.

Bluehost has mentioned on past occasions that a conflict due to PHP versions was causing problems with my sites (white screen of death for 24 hours in June). They are trying to drop support for PHP 5.2, I don’t use that but use PHP Fast 5.4. However, I wonder if bbPress requires 5.2 for some functions? It would be helpful for future reference.
    Thank you, Matoca

Robin W

@robin-w

glad you’re fixed, but sorry can’t answer php question but would be very surprised if wosdpress/bbpress had any reliance on older php versions

bbPress is tested and works on PHP 5.2.4 and later https://bbpress.org/about/requirements/

We ensure that bbPress (and the same for WordPress) is to work 100% on PHP 5.2.4 and up, thus including PHP 5.3.x, 5.4.x & 5.5.x.

We have also begun experimental testing testing with PHP 5.6 alpha and HHVM.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar