Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

notify certain users of new topic on forum

• Hi

I am using bbpress for our non-profit. I set up two forums: one for the board and one for other stakeholders.

I’m trying to get the board to use bbpress rather than long email chains. A big stumbling block is knowing when a new topic is posted.

I implemented post_notification which works fine to send an email for replies.

Any idea how I could modify this to send a notice to a defined group of users or users with a certain role, any time a new topic is posted in a given forum?

I need to specify users / roles / forums as I suspect the stakeholders at large will be annoyed to get notification emails.

Thanks

Lori

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I think you need to specify roles for specific users whom you want to notify when anyone submits new post. So that you can easily specify that group having perticular role. And only that group of users will be notified. All the best.

I think you need to specify roles for specific users whom you want to notify when anyone submits new post. So that you can easily specify that group having perticular role. And only that group of users will be notified. All the best.

Thanks for the reply but the part I am having trouble with is HOW to notify that group / role / user that there is a new topic.

Do you have advice on that?

Thanks for the reply but the part I am having trouble with is HOW to notify that group / role / user that there is a new topic.

Do you have advice on that?

Robert Lilly
    Participant

@rclilly

I have this question as well. I’m new to bbPress and so don’t know if this is an obvious thing or not.

In my case I’m the only one who needs to be notified if there are any new posts. I know I can mark a topic as a favorite and then be notified, but I want to be notified about ALL posts, including those with new topics.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Lilly
    Participant

@rclilly

I have this question as well. I’m new to bbPress and so don’t know if this is an obvious thing or not.

In my case I’m the only one who needs to be notified if there are any new posts. I know I can mark a topic as a favorite and then be notified, but I want to be notified about ALL posts, including those with new topics.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert

I found a plug-in called “moderator new topic” or something like that which sounds like it does what you want.

have you found a solution yet? I am still trying to figure this out.

thanks

Robert

I found a plug-in called “moderator new topic” or something like that which sounds like it does what you want.

have you found a solution yet? I am still trying to figure this out.

thanks

Robert Lilly
    Participant

@rclilly

Thanks for the pointer to the plug-in. I’m going to give it a try.

Robert Lilly

Robert Lilly
    Participant

@rclilly

Thanks for the pointer to the plug-in. I’m going to give it a try.

Robert Lilly

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar