Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not Getting Welcome Message

• tjt756
    Participant

@tjt756

I have the latest version of wordpress installed on my site. I followed the instructions to install bbPress, then clicking to activate it. But after I do, it just tells me that the plugin has been activated successfully on the top of the page, then shows the normal lists of all plugins on my site. There’s no “Welcome Page”

Additionally, there is no “Forums” option on the left sidebar. Basically, it looks like nothing happened. I uninstalled and tried again, twice. Still no difference.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Most likely a plugin conflict, to try and resolve conflicts with other plugins please disable all your plugins except bbPress to see if the error persists. Re-enable each plugin one at a time and if things break again you should be able to now know which other plugin is causing the conflict.

tjt756
    Participant

@tjt756

Thanks. I read that advice somewhere else, and was going to try it. If I disable plugins (not uninstall) and re-enable them, do they keep all their old settings? I just don’t want to lose a bunch of customizations.

Most plugins will keep their settings so it is usually quite safe to do so.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar