Categories
Search
Bottom

No toolbar available

• Liberty
    Participant

@liberty10000

Hello,

today I created a new WordPress site and installed bbpress, but I have the problem that the toolbar over the textarea is not available. My website is: plusthemes.de/support

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

• gobeyond
    Participant

@gobeyond

Hello Liberty and all the experts here,

I am having the same problem. I set up the bbpress using a minimalist theme I created from scratch. Everything works except the missing toolbar in the editor.

I added the following code in the functions.php file, but I only saw two tabs “Visual” and “Text”, but no toolbar, as shown in the picture posted above by “Liberty.”

function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );

When I switched to the Twenty Ten theme, the toolbar showed up nicely. I know my theme is missing something, but can’t seem to be able to figure out what I am missing. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Have a great day!

Terry

gobeyond
    Participant

@gobeyond

I think I figured out how to make the toolbar appear. In my original theme, I didn’t include:

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

Apparently, that is what is needed to load all the javascripts to make the toolbar working. Hope this helps!

Terry

Robin W

@robin-w

Terry, thanks from posting that – sometimes (in fact more than sometimes!) it is a small but vital bit that’s missing !

Glad you’re now fixed !

adiek84
    Participant

@adiek84

Hi guys,

I have the same problem, and I’d really love to solve this by using your solution, but I’m not very good in coding etc. Can you tell me where you put the
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

the code

function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );

in most themes should work fine. the wp-footer part was specific to the other poster.

The code goes in your child theme’s functions file

Functions files and child themes – explained !

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

@adiek84,
    If you don’t know where to put the above code, you could also activate it in my ‘bbP Toolkit’ plugin. But if this is the only function you need, then copy the above in your child theme’s functions.php

Robin W

@robin-w

@casiepa sorry forgot you had it in there

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar