Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No sidebar in Twenty eleven

• craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

I cant get the Twenty eleven sidebar to show up on bbPress generated pages. It works well in pages and posts, with a little trouble also got it to work in BuddyPress generated pages, but still nothing in the forums, and disabling plugins doesn’t work. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the recent versions for everything.

P.S. This is the guide i used to get sidebar to show on Buddypress generated pages, perhaps there is some clue in those script changes? I don’t understand PHP so i wouldn’t know what to look for….

http://bpsocialnetwork.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/twenty-eleven-theme-compatibility/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

Bump ( And marry Christmas! :)

I’ve just confirmed that it works by doing the following:

1. Create a page called “Forums” (or anything of your choosing)
    2. Add [bbp-forum-index] to the page content
    3. Set the Template to “Sidebar Template”

That should do it.

Merry Christmas!

@FLOP2106 Did you follow the steps I outlined above?

craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

I apologize for this delayed answer, for some reason i never got any email notification that someone had answered this question, even though i ticked then box. At any rate, i tried your solution, but it did not work. I even deleted all cache and web browser cache, and tried the Twenty Eleven theme without my child theme, but still no dice. When i inspect the page code there simply isn’t a “Secondary” part to it, as there should be in order for the sidebar to appear… Any idea what could be wrong?

Try making a copy of the Twenty Eleven page template sidebar-page.php file and rename it to bbpress.php

craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

That worked, thanks a lot! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.