Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No sidebar in Twenty eleven

• craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

I cant get the Twenty eleven sidebar to show up on bbPress generated pages. It works well in pages and posts, with a little trouble also got it to work in BuddyPress generated pages, but still nothing in the forums, and disabling plugins doesn’t work. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the recent versions for everything.

P.S. This is the guide i used to get sidebar to show on Buddypress generated pages, perhaps there is some clue in those script changes? I don’t understand PHP so i wouldn’t know what to look for….
    http://bpsocialnetwork.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/twenty-eleven-theme-compatibility/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

Bump ( And marry Christmas! 🙂

I’ve just confirmed that it works by doing the following:

1. Create a page called “Forums” (or anything of your choosing)
    2. Add [bbp-forum-index] to the page content
    3. Set the Template to “Sidebar Template”

That should do it.

Merry Christmas!

@FLOP2106 Did you follow the steps I outlined above?

craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

I apologize for this delayed answer, for some reason i never got any email notification that someone had answered this question, even though i ticked then box. At any rate, i tried your solution, but it did not work. I even deleted all cache and web browser cache, and tried the Twenty Eleven theme without my child theme, but still no dice. When i inspect the page code there simply isn’t a “Secondary” part to it, as there should be in order for the sidebar to appear… Any idea what could be wrong?

Try making a copy of the Twenty Eleven page template sidebar-page.php file and rename it to bbpress.php

craftersuniversity
    Participant

@craftersuniversity

That worked, thanks a lot! 🙂

gemini-at-work
    Participant

@gemini-at-work

let’s see if there is a plan for me to show the sidebar in my twenty eleven theme. renaming the sidebar-page did not do a thing. i’m using a child theme of twenty eleven and tried putting the bbpress.php there instead of into twenty eleven theme, but nothing worked.
    just in case it helps looking at the site, here it is, or the start of it anyway:
    http://foothillfibersguild.org/forums/

thanks for any suggestions!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar