Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No SECRET_KEY in WPMU

• adaptiman

@adaptiman

I’m using WPMU 1.3.1 and the latest version of bbPress. There is no SECRET_KEY in the config file for WPMU and I don’t think WPMU 1.3.1 uses the latest WP cookie encryption of WP2.5. I’ve tried mouldy cookies plugin and I can’t get it to work. I’ve got the usernames integrated with the blog, but I can’t pass login credentials (cookies) between WPMU and bbPress.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Trent Adams

@trent

I would go back to the 0.8.3.1 release myself until Donncha releases the upgrade to WPMU. You can find the older release of bbpress at:

https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/branches/0.8

That or you have to work on the plugin to get the old md5 hashes working again. It might be easier on your users to just get the older version running again though :)

Trent

freshestnoob

@freshestnoob

since this is about WPMU, I guess I don’t need to open a new thread. We have common problems.

To get you secret key: go to http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options.php

It lists out your option and your SECRET_KEY is a long alphanumeric character in front of the key ‘entry’.

For the second secret (I’ve forgotten which is which), just define one in the wp-config.php of your installation.

I’ve not checked user-integration on my side by downgrading bbpress sounds like a pain.

Now, to my own problem;

I just installed bbpress on my new WPMU based website. I used the automated wordpress registration.

Everything is working fine but I’ve got two concerns:

1. I got this error on installation: Duplicate key name ‘user_nicename’

>>> User tables will already exist when performing a database integrated installation.

It looks pretty harmless, but I want reassurrance that it will not be harmful in the future.

2. The only pretty permalink feature working is the default forum.php?id=1. The others give 404 errors.

Any idea what I might do?

freshestnoob

@freshestnoob

I’ve just tested logins. I cannot log into my wordpress installation with my old password but i logged in successfully into the forums.

urgent help needed

Someone please help!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar