Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No more Ultimate TinyMCE buttons in fancy editor after latest 2.2 update.

• Anonymous User 7670885
    Inactive

@anonymized-7670885

Like from object… No more Ultimate TinyMCE (no more other button except wp default) in Fancy editor after latest (2.2) bbpress update :/

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

• livninctry
    Participant

@livninctry

I have tried everything listed above and still can not get the tinymce to show within bbpress. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

http://www.dev.hoaconnections.com/venturahoa/

livninctry
    Participant

@livninctry

Have discovered that this is a conflict with the theme (Suffusion) that I am using. Any advice on how to get the tinymce to show up again would be great, since I really like this theme and do not want to switch.

livninctry
    Participant

@livninctry

Quick update – (this might help other users) As part of the troubleshooting I removed all bbpress plugins and supporting plugins from Suffusion and reinstalled and now the tinymce are present. Not sure what changes it made, but it appears to be working now.

LaurenceAtFree
    Participant

@laurenceatfree

Hi everyone, I need a little help.

I’m not a developer and I just would like to know where to insert the code posted by Josh. (which file and where inside the file).

Thanks a lot.

Starejosel
    Participant

@starejosel

Does anyone know if TinyMCE Advanced works with WP 3.5 and BBpress 2.2.3?

Thanks!

Martin

sunriseweb
    Participant

@sunriseweb

Well… in fact I had to do the opposite and force TinyMCE into “teeny” mode to make bbPress 2.2.3 with WP 3.5 and Ultimate TinyMCE 4.0.3 to work. The TinyMCE toolbar forced the entire editor table to be wider then the content area of my theme and it was getting hidden behind the right-hand-sidebar. This could be a theme incompatibility, but I’m guessing some issue with this combination of plugins and WP version.

At any rate I used the code in this thread to the opposite effect (I put it in my theme’s function.php file, although a plugin is the proper thing to do).

`
    function marconf_bbpress_mceallow( $args = array() ) {
    $args[‘teeny’] = true;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args’, ‘marconf_bbpress_mceallow’ );
    `

jwrbloom
    Participant

@jwrbloom

I’m not getting anything to work to add TinyMCE buttons in my bbPress. I pasted Sunriseweb’s code in my functions.php. Nothing. I have updated WP and bbPress.

How do I force TinyMCE into “teeny” mode?

LaurenceAtFree
    Participant

@laurenceatfree

For people like me new to php this is how to make a plugin with John’s code :
    paste this code in an editor and save the file as teenybb.php :
    <?php

/*/
    Plugin Name: Teenywithbb
    Plugin URI: https://bbpress.org/
    Description: Enable Teeny Mce in bbpress
    Version: 1.0.1
    Author: John James Jacoby
    Author URI: https://bbpress.org/
    /*/
    function foo( $args = array() ) {
    $args['teeny'] = false;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'foo' );

copy this file in your plugin directory where you usually copy other plugins.
    You can see the plugin named Teenywithbb in wordpress you juste have to active it.
    and then you have tinyMCE Advdaced as editor in bbpress 2.2. 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar