Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No Avatar For New Members???

• Ian M
    Participant

@chris042

When new members register on my forum there is no default avatar displayed – just an ugly blank box with a missing image icon in it. Please help me to figure out how to set a default avatar.

I have searched for an answer but couldn’t make sense of anything I found. You can see the problem here: http://residentevilsix.net/members/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

This may sound obvious but have you tried changing the default avatar in /wp-admin ?

Go to Settings ->Discussion then change it to something else and check the members page again.

Ian M
    Participant

@chris042

Yeah I had tried that, I had it at “Gravatar Logo” and then I changed it to “Mystery Man” but it just stayed blank.

Just now I tried to change it again to one of the (Generated) avatars and what do you know, it worked.

This must mean that the mystery man and gravatar logos are both missing from where ever they are called from ?

Thank you ctekmusic! By the way, is there a way I can upload my own default avatar for new members ? I don’t really like the (Generated) ones that I have to choose from.

ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

Hi Ian

glad I could help with what little knowledge I have 🙂

Yes it seems that those gravatar links are broken, it did the same for me. I ended up switching between the retro and identicon set, I don’t particularly like any of them though.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen a plugin or way to load your own custom avatar set but I would love to know if you ever find one!

Chris

Ian M
    Participant

@chris042

ctekmusic – I found a way. This plugin https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-new-default-avatar/ worked for me! 😉

ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

Awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar