Categories
Search
Bottom

Newbie question

• offduty
    Participant

@offduty

I am using WP 3.4.2 & bbPress 2.1.2 at http://oldfiredog.com/

I am new to WP & bbPress but am learning. I have created the above site and have created some forums but can not seem to get to them while on my site. In edit mode I can choose view though and see the forum on my site. I do have the theme desk mess mirrored in use 2.0.4 I just need to know how to access my forums on my site as I have been able to create them and view them in in dashboard > edit mode > view mode but not on my site. I have changed themes to twenty ten but it does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks Rich

Thanks Rich

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• offduty
    Participant

@offduty

Does anyone knowledgable ever answer these posts?

robthecomputerguy
    Participant

@robthecomputerguy

Apparently not, and I have the same question. How do I get the forum to appear anywhere on my website, since every theme maker says they’re bbpress compatible???

• This reply was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by robthecomputerguy. Reason: just to check the "notify me of followup replies via email" box.... how does one subscribe to a post?

offduty
    Participant

@offduty

I finally figured it out. I believe after you create a forum you must go to and then and add the forum created to the menu’s list by checking the box on the left so it will transfer it to the right side in the menu page.

I gave up on this forum good idea but no one techie to give any answers, kinda funny how there is all these free software deals / plug ins being created and no one writes instructions when done creating them. I dont see the logic unless they are doing it for themselves and their techie friends who are more advanced than someone like myself

offduty
    Participant

@offduty

Try and then check the box on the left to add the forum to the sidebar on the right and click add.

There’s a lack of documentation at the moment because the site is being redone (slowly) and the individuals responsible for the majority of the documentation are also the main developers, who are busy writing code 😀

The location of the forums on your site depend on the settings you have set in Settings > Forums. Take a look at the documentation for basic settings.

You can also manually place the forums index on any regular WordPress page by using the [bbp-forum-index] short code. Short code reference.

offduty
    Participant

@offduty

I appreciate the links. I am not very techie though and its kinda like hieroglyphics , I dont speak that language. Also I have found other non bbPress stuff without any instructions only statements of what can be accomplished. I am not trying to bash or be sarcastic I am somewhat limited by my lack of technical computer knowledge.

Are you familiar with what short codes do and how to use them?

offduty
    Participant

@offduty

Not really are they the same thing as permalinks?

OK first read about short codes here.

Basically a short code is a place holder for content (html, images, posts, etc). When you place [bbp-forum-index] into the content of a page, it will be replaced automatically with an index of your forums in bbPress. Try it out and you’ll see what I mean.

ranirajput
    Participant

@ranirajput

Hello I am new here …
    And I have 1 question that How do I get the forum to appear anywhere on my website, since every theme maker says they’re bbpress compatible???But as per my experiance it is not..So can anybody tell me how do I get the forum to appear anywhere on my website ????

http://ricerecipe.info

Read my reply above. You can create a page (just a regular WordPress page) and then place [bbp-forum-index] in the page content.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar