Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Topic Notification

• chilifrei64

@chilifrei64

I have recently been using the notification_all plugin but when enabled for everyone it would make posting take forever and if it was a busy thread it would basically just sit there and mass spam everyone.

I have since moved to the notification1.3 where it will only notify if it is in the favorites of that user.. but now they wont get notified if someone posts a new topic..

I know it is getting kinda granular but is there a “New Topic” plugin that will only email you when a new Topic is made only and NOT every additional post in that topic from there on. Because that is what notification_all did and it was just too much. I want users notified of new topic then let them choose if they want to be updated on that topic.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

This is a good idea for an extended version.

I just came up with this quick change:

http://la-school.com/2006/downloads/topic-notification_1_0.zip

If a user activates it, he’ll receive an email on every new topic started on your forums. At this moment it won’t work together with the other notification plugins, so if you use this one, delete the other one.

Gonna have to make one plugin with the features of all three, configurable through admin panel… *dreaming*

chilifrei64

@chilifrei64

I am gonna revive this one.. At some point my email notifications stopped working and it doesnt look like anything new has been created for notifications.

I have downloaded the latest from

http://thomasklaiber.com/bbpress/post-notification/

and it still doesnt work. Anybody else know how I can get this back???

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

check also the last two plugin’s I think they will do what you need

chilifrei64

@chilifrei64

last 2 plugins where?????

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

on the plugin site here :D

https://bbpress.org/plugins/

Does this plug in work now? Can it be designed so that a user can select to “watch” one particular forum and any new post to that forum only generates one email? (But of course, not an email for ALL the following posts. It would revert back to normal REPLY notification only).

I really don’t know why this stuff is not standard.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you try installing it? Since bbPress is beta software and has undergone lots of changes in the past year, a lot of the early plugins don’t work without modification.

There was a reply recently by sambauers about subscribing yourself to the new posts feed and front page feed (I think) via an RSS to email service like Feedblitz. Then you could get notification in your email rather than RSS.

I think the creators of bbPress have gone down the path of RSS rather than email, for notifications. Adding back in the functionality for delivery via email is most likely going to always be via a plugin. Just my opinion.

Robert

@robertlindeboom

Same question as in topic’s first post, but since I can’t download the plugin anymore, can someone help me with the following?

I know it is getting kinda granular but is there a “New Topic” plugin that will only email you when a new Topic is made only and NOT every additional post in that topic from there on. Because that is what notification_all did and it was just too much. I want users notified of new topic then let them choose if they want to be updated on that topic.

@robertlindeboom

I think its already available in the trunk version.

Robert

@robertlindeboom

Can you please tell me how and where to find it?

Either wait for the next stable version or extract the code from the trunk & make a plugin out of it :)

Robert

@robertlindeboom

I’m sorry, I don’t really understand what you mean by trunk and neither how to make a plugin..

Trunk is the bleeding edge version which is under development. Like a newer version under development. Trunk means the latest code in development stage. I am running a little busy right now. If left with some time tonight, I might try to catch it on trunk :)

Robert

@robertlindeboom

Ah, OK, thanks in advance!

Robert

@robertlindeboom

@ashfame, did you find something? If you don’t have time for this, never mind. But if you have, I’d like to hear it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar