Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New topic not displaying

• I have a strange error. I’m running 1.0, however it may not be solely an issue caused by 1.0. I’ve noticed that whenever the line “require(‘/var/www/html/wp-blog-header.php’); ” is in my config file, the new topic/ post form will not display. On the topic listings and in threads it will simply have the header (eg: New Topic in this Forum) and nothing below it and accessing the new topic page directly just returns a white blank page.

For reference, my board is http://www.audioscribbler.co.uk/boards and I currently have the line in my config so you can see the new topic issue. Obviously this kills any chance of integration until this is resolved.

Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I can also add that clicking “edit” or “favourites” in a user profile just sends you to the board index when the line is included.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That’s a PunBB installation right now. Did you switch it?

Oh, sorry, yes I did until I can get this working. You can access it at http://www.audioscribbler.co.uk/oldboards now.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Why is this listed as a stylesheet in the source? It gives a 404 then includes the whole WordPress page as a stylesheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.audioscribbler.co.uk/oldboards/my-templates/bbpress-forum/style2.css?v=8" type="text/css" />

I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but it’s not right.

Also, does the problem you’re describing happen with the stock template as well?

Well I fixed that, must have been a bug in the original skin. The issue is apparent on all skins- I’ve just reinstalled the default skin and set that as the current skin if you can have a look.

I’m really at a loss as to what is causing it to cut off :s.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Very odd. I can see what you’re talking about now. There is the <h2>Reply</h2> but then something goes wrong.

This is in the source:

<h2 class="post-form">New Topic</h2>

</div>

<!--
    If you like showing off the fact that your server rocks,
    <h3>0.150 - 15 queries</h3>
    -->

Looks like bbPress has it until the <h2 class="post-form">New Topic</h2> part, then WordPress takes over for some reason. At least it looks like that’s what’s happening. If you look at the source of the page you’ll see what I mean.

Sorry I don’t know what’s causing the problem, but it’s interesting to look at nonetheless.

I had the EXACT same problem…

In bb_includes/template-functions.php

there were several references to bb_user_can ‘write-post’ and ‘write-topic’… however, when comparing this to the capabilities.php doc in bb_includes/backpress/capabilities.php, these capabilities are defined with the strings in plural: ‘write-posts’ and ‘write-topics’… in the template_functions.php doc, I changed all the references… and now all is peachy!

In retrospect… that fixed the issue, but I’m pretty sure the issue is in the capabilities file bb_current_user_can does not reference the bb_map_meta_cap to retrieve primitive capability…

so, my solution works, but the bb_current_user_can should be able to retrieve the primitive capability first.

Well that works perfect as you said! Is the fact it doesn’t retrieve the primitive capability first an issue for running the board?

Yeah one thing seems to be it stops access to the admin panel. Its listed on the nav section, but clicking it bounces you back to the index. Whilst bearable, I expect there are other issues (like profile editing) so would you happen to have any idea how to correct this?

Thanks for all your help this far!

Edit: Yup it breaks posting too. I hope you can help me!

Ok all that’s not working now is posting. The box shows and you can enter everything, but clicking submit just sends you back to the index with no changes. Any help?

I just tested removing the line “require(‘/var/www/html/wp-blog-header.php’);” in config, and it works again, so that fix you gave works, this is another issue caused by integration.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have an issue with the alpha release, please file a ticket at trac.

https://trac.bbpress.org/newticket

You will need to log in before you can file a ticket. Be sure to choose the correct version when submitting the ticket.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar