Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New stable version 0.9.0.5

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I’ve downloaded and installed this update, but find one thing very annoying. The topic description has a hyphen in front of it.

My theme puts the description on the line below the topic link, and I had to alter a file to remove the hyphen. Now it’s back, and I have to hunt down the file and alter it again. This should be changed: upgrading shouldn’t break custom themes.

(It’s in template-functions.php: &#8211)

venividi
    Participant

@venividi

Downloaded and upgraded around one hour after the uploads, from 0.9.0.4. It works fine till now. Thanks Sambauers.

Fixed. And thanks for all your hard work Sam.

[edit]

Hmm… After the slight rant, I realised that theme files may always have the potential to be ‘broken’, as you might upgrade those too. I guess there isn’t a theme-proof way of upgrading bbPress..?

I have to say that this is by far the best forum package I’ve tried – and I’ve tried them all. It’s lightweight and fast, it just works, there are great plugins available to provide features my users need, plus superb and friendly support in the bbPress forums. On those days when you wonder why on earth you do it Sam, remember that nothing else comes close, and countless users out here are grateful. (You’re helping new mums and their babies in Lincoln, UK, do you know? The forum is only just up, but the 45+ members will soon be online and using it, and there’s going to be a press release too. I’ll see if I can wangle a mention of bbPress! Have a glance at http://mbforum.letsdoo.org and their main site at http://www.maternitybuddy.org.uk)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

gracias por la nueva version!.

In bb-includes/conpat.php line 107 – Function name typo.

if ( !function_exists( ‘_mb_strcut‘ ) ) {

function _mb_substr( $str, $start, $length = null, $encoding = null )

{

Dunno how someone didn’t notice this… Perhaps I am a retard, but once I changed this to match bbpress worked.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar