Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Forum Meta data

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You should only see the ‘forum creator’ in the backend /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=forum

In the ‘frontend’ eg your /forums/ page you should only see something like this:
    Forum Topics Replies Freshness
    Forum Name 0 0 No Topics

Once the forum has topics the counts will update and ‘freshness’ will have the elapsed time and author name.

wadams92101
    Participant

@wadams92101

Its showing like this:

FORUM NAME
    by: Author Name
    Home>Forums>Forum Name

There are no topics yet. So I take it that is not supposed to happen? How to fix?

rsanchez1
    Participant

@rsanchez1

Are you adding forum templates to your theme? If you are, take out the lines that output author metadata. If not, then you can use forum templates in your theme and not output author metadata.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s Genesis that’s doing it. It automatically adds author data to all WordPress posts. @jaredatch has a Genesis compatibility plugin to help take care of some of these known behaviors.

wadams92101
    Participant

@wadams92101

Nice! Found the plugin bbPress Genesis Extend. I’ll give it a try.

wadams92101
    Participant

@wadams92101

@John James Jacoby, Thanks again for that tip. I already had a similar genesis buddypress plugin smoothing out the integration. I had bbpress activated at only one subdomain on my multi-site. I determined that if I configured bbPress through Buddypress instead of as a stand-alone plugin, then I didn’t get the weirdness. However, that leads to a new question I can’t find the answer to: for bbPress sitewide forums, do I network activate (its a multi-site installation) or do I activate only at the main domain site?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar