• estepix
    Participant

@estepix

bbpress: 2.4
    wp: 3.6
    theme: tried with custom and twenty thirteen, same behaviour

Hi I was trying to use the new Core feature:

Enable threaded (nested) replies levels deep

However it breaks my topics pagination and shows the whole topic in a single page, is this by design or a bug? I have also tried (in a different setup) the bbpress threaded plugin which actually supports pagination + threaded replies, so I could choose that path, however, since bbpress is trying to integrate that feature I’d rather go that way.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

I suppose that you would want threaded(nested) replies on the same page, otherwise the conversation would be all over the place.

estepix
    Participant

@estepix

Not necessarily, the bbpress threaded replies plugin breaks down the pagination taking into account the “parent” replies. Here are the plugin options:

Enable threaded replies N levels deep

Break replies into pages with N top level replies per page and the first/last page displayed by default
    Replies should be displayed with the older/newer replies at the top of the page

Doremdou
    Participant

@doremdou

Hi, I have the exact same problem, did you manage to fix this @estepix ?
    or did you have to use the outdated plugin Threaded Replies? :/

I really need pagination WITH threaded replies on my bbpress forum the same way @estepix explained it. Because when a topic has over 500+ replies it is NOT conceivable to display them on the SAME page.

Do someone have a trick to do the following?

Enable threaded replies N levels deep

Break replies into pages with N top level replies per page and the first/last page displayed by default
    Replies should be displayed with the older/newer replies at the top of the page

Thank you very much for your help :)
    Dorem

estepix
    Participant

@estepix

Hi Doremdou,

I haven’t been able to spend much time on this matter, I still don’t want to use the outdated plugin but bbpress support is not paying attention to this thread…

If you find out a solution please, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Oscar

varma
    Participant

@evildon

+1 on this.. I also want the same. 25+ nested replies are showing in one page, that’s bad.
    Hope bbpress support will release a fix for this soon.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.