Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need URL for new users to register

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• allg33k
    Participant

@allg33k

Did you find an answer to this? I’m wondering the same thing.

Sam Rohn
    Participant

@sam-rohn

make a new page and add the register shortcode to that page, then add the url for that page to the widget

`[bbp-register]`

more shortcodes here

https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

hunomq
    Participant

@hunomq

Could you expect more specificallyhow to do that? Thanks in advance.

JKrueger
    Participant

@jkrueger

Thanks for the info on the short codes. It has taken forever to find that info.

Alright, I took and created two pages, “Register Page” and “Lost Password Page”. I published them both and put the URL’s in the appropriate spot in the widget. Then I go to the site and test out the register page and enter my information. When I click register it says, “User registration is currently not allowed”. What do I do from here???

JKrueger
    Participant

@jkrueger

I figured it out from this topic, https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/resolved-resolved-my-bbpress-how-to-tutorial/ . You have to check “anyone can register” in the general section of settings. Thanks to all!

anasalinas105
    Participant

@anasalinas105

I had this same question … did you find a solution?

Thanks!

purplep
    Participant

@purplep

Hiya, i’ve just managed to work this out so will post some info here in case it helps others:

Once you have activate the plugin on your WordPress Dashboard (Plugins > Installed pluggins > activate) you should get a welcome message. At the bottom of that screen is a link to follow to alter your basic forum settings (or if you have closed that screen Settings > Forums from your dashboard). Set them as you like.

You will now have a new section of your Dashboard – Forums. Hover over Forums then select ‘add new’. Name your forum etc.

Now create 3 new website pages on your website. ‘Forums’, ‘New users’ and ‘Lost password’. On the New Users page copy the following text exactly [bbp-register]
    On the lost password page put this text: [bbp-lost-pass]
    Remember to update/upload the pages.

Now go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag and drop the ‘BBloggin Widget’ into your side bar (on the left. Make sure you have the side bar activation In Appearance – Customize > Layout).

It will pop open and ask for 2 urls. Put the URLs of your new New Users page in the Register box and the lost password page in Lost password box. Click save at the bottom of that box.

Go to http://www.’yourdomain.com/forums and you should see your new forum, with a log in widget at the side. Click the register link and it should take you to a form other people can fill in to creat a new account (you may be logged in to your forum already, so either log out, or try it on someone else’s computer. Just to check it works.

WordProSystems
    Participant

@wordprosystems

oh my gosh thank you a thousand times purplep!!!!! you saved me from hours and hours of trying to do this on my own!!!!!

do you know if there is a way to notify all users when a new topic is posted? i know there is a checkbox to notify when someone replies to a topic, but what about when someone posts a brand spankin’ new topic?

purplep
    Participant

@purplep

hiya. No I had thought there was a ‘subscribe to this forum’ option, but I can’t find one.

the only thing I can think of is to use the bbpress widgets to show new posts / threads in your side bar.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar