Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My users are getting the "you do not have sufficient permissions to access…"

• elizabethamira
    Participant

@elizabethamira

Hello! FIrst I really love bbPress and the way it looks on my site. Second, I am a complete and total newbie at this. That being said, I have a wordpress site (using wordpress 3.4.2) and I have a bbPress forum on it (am running version 2.1.3). I can login and access my site fine and I am labeled as a “key master” on my forum. The problem comes in where my users are concerned.

When my users log in they get the “you do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” and it says in the URL: “http://www.mysitesname.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?plugin_status=all&loggedout=true.”

Now the weird thing is when they delete all the stuff after the “.com” and refresh, it shows them as logged in and they can leave comments on the site and interact with the forum. It’s just the logging in and being redirected to the site that seems to be the issue. My users when they sign up are given the role of “forum participant.”

There are plugins I am using (well some of them) are:

• bbPress Mark as Read
    • bbPress2 BBCode
    • bbPress Like Button
    • bbPress Post Toolbar
    • bbP Signature
    • GD bbPress Attachments
    • Members
    • Simple Local Avatars
    • User Role Editor

I have a couple of other plugins as well, but these were the ones that I installed to have users interact and customize their forum experience.

I am not sure what the issue is and since all my users are mostly concerned about being able to log in and have access to the forum, I figured I would try here first.

Thanks so much in advance for your time!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar