Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple-level forums

• Hello bbpress world!

I would like to congratulate you all for developing such a steadfast, easy-to-use forum software known as bbPress. I love(s) it :)

Secondly — yeap, it’s an issue — I would like to know if it is possible to have a forum-forum-topic structure instead of the current forum-topic one.

For example, we currently have:

Webmasters Forum – [all the topics go here]

while we would want to have:

Webmasters Forum – Italian Webmasters Forum / American Webmasters Forum – [all the topics from the Italian / American go here]

Would such a structure be possible?

Thank you for your time and for your replies.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I found the answer myself, 26 mins. later, LOL: you simply need to go to Manage -> Forums -> click on a forum and set its parent forum.

That way you’ll have multiple subforums on any forum on your bbPress installation.

Heh. Next time, I’ll get acquainted with the features of bbPress BEFORE asking for help ^_^

Hello,

Exact, you just need to check the is category when creating (or modifying) the forum.

You also have to check the theme. Kakumei is ok, but some others display 0 (zero) in front of the father forum, this is disturbing for users who fail to understand that the top forum is only a container and not a real forum. Some doesn’t display forum as a hierarchy (with a father / container forum and sub forums).

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar