Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moving post

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I changed it in the database, saved it. But it will not refresh on my forum page to the correct position. Suggestions?

When logged in as an administrator, you should see a “Move this topic to the selected forum [dropdown of forums]” at the very bottom of that topic’s page.

At least, that’s how things work with the default template.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Except the person replied to a sticky that I had not closed. So it will not move by itself. His post was completely different from my sticky. I think all I can do is close the sticky. Delete his post, and re-create it under my username.

Sounds like you also need to split an existing topic… where a non-bozo-but-misguided user has replied to a topic when they should have started a new one.

I’m sorry, I misunderstood your original post. Ignore my first reply :)

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I think I have figured out a way to help the misguided user. The “Add New” is too vague. I think it needs to be more explicit. So I have changed it to “Start New Topic Here”.

If that doesn’t help, I’ll change it to “To Start New Topic, Click Here”

But I’ll keep you posted on the first rewording change.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I also have a sticky user’s guide, and added this wording:

To start a new thread or topic, click on the Start New Topic Here link in the “Latest Discussions” section.

Advantage to Starting a New Topic:

You Topic Heading will show up in Latest Discussions!

Disadvantage to Replying to an Existing Topic:

If your reply has no relevance to an existing topic, it will not feature prominence in “Latest Discussions”. But please feel free to reply to an existing topic , if it is relevant to the existing topic.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar