Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moved WP to new directory. Forum is now blank.

• While developing a site I had then entire wordpress framework in a hidden folder (ie http://mysite.com/wp/index.php)

I have developed many site this way but never with bbPress included. Now when I changed the path of the wordpress directory and move the file the forum is a blank page.

The shortcode is still visible in the post and all permalinks are functioning the same.

Why did this happen?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Did you refresh your permalinks?

Not sure. How does one do that?

In your WordPress dashboard go to Settings -> Permalinks. Going to that page will trigger a permalink refresh!

Yes I did that and it fixed nothing :(

Is bbP activated? Does it show up in the plugin listings? Moving WP shouldn’t affect bbP. If your other plugins work it should too.

Yes it is active and all the slugs appear as normal.

Add this to your wp-config.php and see if it sheds any light:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

Thanks … here is what I found

Notice: Undefined variable: position in ……/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 940

Notice: Use of undefined constant WP_SITEURL – assumed ‘WP_SITEURL’ in ……/wp-content/plugins/share-and-get-it/shareandgetit-plugin.php on line 31

Notice: Use of undefined constant siteurl – assumed ‘siteurl’ in ……/wp-content/plugins/share-and-get-it/shareandgetit-plugin.php on line 31

Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in ……/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3587

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in ……/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3467

Notice: wp_deregister_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in ……/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3587

Notice: Constant WP_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in ……/wp-config.php on line 94

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’ll want to clean up all those errors before most things will work normally. Doesn’t look like the issue is with bbPress anywhere (yet), according to your dump above.

I have cleared all the errors by disabling all plugins but BBPress. Nothing changed.

In my theme functions.php folder (called Boooster) I added the line

add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ );

and now my bbpress posts appear but as regular blog posts and with no styles or bbpress layout. I’m getting closer … I think. Any more insight?

http://f6.com.au/forum/

Just to make sure I would delete the bbPress plugin (you won’t lose any of the data that is there) directory and then reinstall it.

I should have mentioned that I tried that already … thanks.

My last suggestion would be to deactivate all other plugins *except* bbPress. Then go and switch your theme to either TwentyTen or TwentyEleven.

This will at least eliminiate plugin/theme conflicts.

There are no more plugin conflicts. I have disabled them. I have also enabled a different theme and forums are present and working.

It’s odd because I have transfered wordpress folders before and I made sure in all the files and the DB that there is no evidence of the previous directory.

This is very stressful.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah that is weird, at least you have it narrowed down to your theme for the likely cause of your problem.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar