Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Move a comment from wp to bbpress

• In order to end some unruly discussions at the blog, I’d love to have a one-click solution for moving the offending comments to the forum.

Ideally, I’d create a “Blog discussion” forum in bbpress. Then, each post in the blog automatically creates a topic in that forum (no need to copy the post to the forum, just name the topic after the post). Then, in wp admin panel (Comments section) each comment has an option “Move to the forum”. So blog admin can easily move the irrelevant comments to appropriate topic in the forum.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Part of the way would be using the plugin bbpress-post which creates the topic in the forum for comments. Just search for ‘bbpress-post’ and you will find the plugin. That would be a nice start anyways to your problems!

Trent

Thanks, I saw that plugin, but why would I replace one problem with another?

I’m surprised that so basic functionality is absent from bbpress plugins.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The beauty of open source is that anyone can write a plugin to accomplish what they need. If the need is great, someone will write a plugin. If there is no great need, no plugin. I don’t think what you’re asking for is really basic functionality, but maybe others will see this thread, decide that’s a good idea, then write a plugin.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar