Moderator role can't create or manage Forums
I am experiencing BBPress role issues with a WP + BP + BBPress setup.
I need a “moderator” role to be able to create new forums and edit his own, as per the standard permissions defined here : http://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/
Unfortunately, the “moderator” role doesn’t see the “Forum” menu in the WordPress back-end, and even if its pages are accessed directly, there is a message stating the user does not have permission to accès the content.
So I understand that this may be a permissions issue, but i’ve taken a number of steps to circumvent this, and still no solution in sight :
- Disable all other plugins and use standard WP theme
- Upgrade BBpress to V 2.5
- Tried every single “repair forum” tool in plugin preferences
- Tried activating-deactivating and reactivating “default user role” setting
- Tried editing role with Capability Manager Enhanced
- Tried with a fresh install of WordPress
From what i’ve gathered on-line, the BBpress team has introduced a new way of storing user roles but there isn’t very much information on how it REALLY works and how to make it compatible with an existing site that upgrades to a new version of BBpress.
Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
I would appreciate any input,
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.