Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Mirroring Forum Posts

• PPD
    Participant

@ppd

I have a configuration that is requiring me to have posts in child forums replicated in their respective parent forums. For example, I have a forum named “Numbers 1-5″. That forum contains child forums “1″, “2″, “3″, “4″, and “5″. If a user posts anything in any of the forums 1-5, it will automatically replicate itself in the “Numbers 1-5″ forum. I’ve search, and am probably using the wrong keywords, but can’t find anything on this. Has anyone else done this before or can anyone help?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Not seen this and should not work like that.

are those actual names of forums? If so, I’ll try it on my test site.

PPD
    Participant

@ppd

Not the actual names. I have 5 forums with 3 more inside each.

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, it should all be fine.

Suggest you start by deactivating all your other plugins to see if that fixes. If it does, then add back one at a time to see which is causing it.

If that doesn’t work, try changing to a default theme such as twentyeleven and see if that fixes

Come back and let us know if that gets you anywhere

PPD
    Participant

@ppd

Maybe I didn’t explain well enough. There isn’t an issue of something not working, unless I’m actually configuring something wrong. I don’t think the forums are set to replicate on their own and that’s what I’m trying to do. I need child forums to replicate their posts to their respective parent forums.

Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry, totally misread this – thought you had posts mirroring and wasted to get rid of them.

I suspect that it would be very hard to get them to just replicate in the database, hits at core code.

But you could re-do your forum templates to show them twice.

Beyond my immediate knowledge, but start by looking at you forum page loop, and then the templates viz

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templats/default/bbpress

PPD
    Participant

@ppd

yea, beyond me too. Thanks for the help though!
    Anyone else?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar