Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Migrate WordPress Comments

• Has anyone considered what might be required to migrate existing WordPress comments into BBPress?

I’m imagining a script that would examine the comments DB, move comments storing them in an article-specific topic (which might be easier if themes could be nested, like categories), tagging them with their previous article’s categories.

One nicety: perhaps each former comment URL could be added to htaccess, redirecting to it’s new location.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m interested in this too… but I understand it might sound a bit odd to some people, depending on how they use WP.

if this were done, I’m hoping it would be a fully integrated system in wordpress and bbpress. it would be nice of both applications “realize” they’re both there in the same website and perform integrated functions themselves by means of one plugin in each wp and bbp.

I don’t know if this is exactly what you’re looking for but bbSync unifies commenting and when an old topic is synchronised the comments are transferred – albeit as if they had just been posted, with a little message saying they haven’t.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar