Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members see themselves as inactive when they are not

• joshualynch

@joshualynch

After several years of running bbPress on a forum, today a member pointed out that when they’re logged in and make a post, their member status is shown as “inactive” even though they are clearly active and to everyone else, they are labeled a Member.

This was the first report of this issue, but sure enough others, including moderators, noticed it today when we checked.

We’re running bbPress 1.0.2 integration with WP 3.1. We recently switched from WP Super Cache to W3 Total Cache so have been wondering if somehow that introduced the bug.

After googling around for awhile, the only thing I found about the issue was this old post on the BuddyPress forums of all things that says this is a known bug in bbPress: http://bit.ly/i0RlpS

Is that true? Is their anything we can do to fix this so users don’t get confused that they’re suddenly “inactive”?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Sounds like it’s a bug with the scope of the $user variable.

If it’s not fixed in 1.0.3 maybe they fixed it in 1.1 which will have a release candidate soon.

There’s also a chance it’s a bug with a customized template.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Sounds like it’s a bug with the scope of the $user variable.

If it’s not fixed in 1.0.3 maybe they fixed it in 1.1 which will have a release candidate soon.

There’s also a chance it’s a bug with a customized template.

rupert123

@rupert123

I got nearly the same problem a few days back. I logged off, but I was visible to other members as active. This active status remained for nearly half an hour after which it became inactive.

I log in with two accounts in different browsers and always check my status. This problem continued for about a week in the last week of February, but now it’s alright. Anyone has idea what could have went wrong?

rupert123

@rupert123

I got nearly the same problem a few days back. I logged off, but I was visible to other members as active. This active status remained for nearly half an hour after which it became inactive.

I log in with two accounts in different browsers and always check my status. This problem continued for about a week in the last week of February, but now it’s alright. Anyone has idea what could have went wrong?

joshualynch

@joshualynch

I upgraded to 1.0.3 and it didn’t solve the issue. I also deactivated W3 Total Cache entirely and that still didn’t work.

We’re using a customized template of Kakumei. The link’s template tag was:

<?php post_author_title_link(); ?>

I edited that so that the link appears as “Member Profile” for now as we don’t have any inactive users anyway and only a few moderators and keymasters who don’t really need to be labeled as such.

Here’s what I used to do that:

<a href="<?php echo esc_attr( get_user_profile_link( get_post_author_id( $post_id ) ) ); ?>">Member Profile</a>

joshualynch

@joshualynch

I upgraded to 1.0.3 and it didn’t solve the issue. I also deactivated W3 Total Cache entirely and that still didn’t work.

We’re using a customized template of Kakumei. The link’s template tag was:

<?php post_author_title_link(); ?>

I edited that so that the link appears as “Member Profile” for now as we don’t have any inactive users anyway and only a few moderators and keymasters who don’t really need to be labeled as such.

Here’s what I used to do that:

<a href="<?php echo esc_attr( get_user_profile_link( get_post_author_id( $post_id ) ) ); ?>">Member Profile</a>

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.