Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members see themselves as inactive when they are not

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Sounds like it’s a bug with the scope of the $user variable.

If it’s not fixed in 1.0.3 maybe they fixed it in 1.1 which will have a release candidate soon.

There’s also a chance it’s a bug with a customized template.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Sounds like it’s a bug with the scope of the $user variable.

If it’s not fixed in 1.0.3 maybe they fixed it in 1.1 which will have a release candidate soon.

There’s also a chance it’s a bug with a customized template.

rupert123

@rupert123

I got nearly the same problem a few days back. I logged off, but I was visible to other members as active. This active status remained for nearly half an hour after which it became inactive.

I log in with two accounts in different browsers and always check my status. This problem continued for about a week in the last week of February, but now it’s alright. Anyone has idea what could have went wrong?

rupert123

@rupert123

I got nearly the same problem a few days back. I logged off, but I was visible to other members as active. This active status remained for nearly half an hour after which it became inactive.

I log in with two accounts in different browsers and always check my status. This problem continued for about a week in the last week of February, but now it’s alright. Anyone has idea what could have went wrong?

joshualynch

@joshualynch

I upgraded to 1.0.3 and it didn’t solve the issue. I also deactivated W3 Total Cache entirely and that still didn’t work.

We’re using a customized template of Kakumei. The link’s template tag was:

<?php post_author_title_link(); ?>

I edited that so that the link appears as “Member Profile” for now as we don’t have any inactive users anyway and only a few moderators and keymasters who don’t really need to be labeled as such.

Here’s what I used to do that:

<a href="<?php echo esc_attr( get_user_profile_link( get_post_author_id( $post_id ) ) ); ?>">Member Profile</a>

joshualynch

@joshualynch

I upgraded to 1.0.3 and it didn’t solve the issue. I also deactivated W3 Total Cache entirely and that still didn’t work.

We’re using a customized template of Kakumei. The link’s template tag was:

<?php post_author_title_link(); ?>

I edited that so that the link appears as “Member Profile” for now as we don’t have any inactive users anyway and only a few moderators and keymasters who don’t really need to be labeled as such.

Here’s what I used to do that:

<a href="<?php echo esc_attr( get_user_profile_link( get_post_author_id( $post_id ) ) ); ?>">Member Profile</a>

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar