Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Massive Emails To Users After Conversion

• Tearstone
    Participant

@tearstone

It has been about two weeks since I converted my vBulletin forum over to BBPress. The existing forum has been around since 2008 and since the conversion, we have been receiving emails over entire history of the site that topics have been replied to. These are notifications that have been sent non-stop since the conversion.

I installed Buddypress and BBPress at the same time, so I’m not sure exactly what is causing all of these emails to continue to be sent out. How do I stop these notification emails from going out? I’ve already attempted to add the following code to my site specific plug-in, but it does not seem to have helped much. I guess it helped with mentions but not the replies.

remove_action( ‘bp_activity_posted_update’, ‘bp_activity_at_message_notification’, 10, 3 );
    remove_action( ‘bp_groups_posted_update’, ‘groups_at_message_notification’, 10, 4 );

What are the BBPress hooks to stop reply notifications? I just want them to stop for awhile without disabling email site wide.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Tearstone
    Participant

@tearstone

I found a plug-in called “Buddypress Notifications Manager” https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-notifications-manager/

This godsend of a plug-in set default notifications for new users and retroactively for existing users. A day has passed and no notifications. I hope others that go through what I went through will benefit from this tid-bit of information. I was about to have to wipe my entire site and start from scratch due to upsetting so much of my user base.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar