Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Mass user delete

• enquirer32
    Participant

@enquirer32

I have a lot of spam users which have managed to register before installing a couple of plugins. Is there a way to delete them quickly?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

This would work for posts:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/mass-edit/

I don’t know of anything similar for mass deleting users. You might just need to bite the bullet one time and delete them manually. I can’t log in to my site now to check if there is some type of “delete all checked” users function in the bbPress admin or not. I can’t recall.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

If you are integrated with wordpress, I believe you can mass edit users on that side (either natively or via plugin). With 1.0 using backpress, they will hopefully port over some of the user functions into the admin panel – ie. create new user and mass edit.

Keep in mind bbPress (and I don’t even thing WordPress) actually deletes users entirely from the db, it just disables them.

If you find a WP plugin that does what you want, it should be fairly straightforward to port to bbPress.

enquirer32
    Participant

@enquirer32

Thanks. Forgot about the WP facility. Easy as pie… I’ve now installed a plug-in to combat this so hope it works.

What plug in did you use? I’m still looking for something to mass delete users in bbPress.

A kind of hackish, but simple way:

Log into your MySQL database with php_myadmin, go to the <db-prefix>_users table, go to Browse view, and simply select each user you want to delete with a checkbox, then press the X at the bottom of the screen. phpmyadmin lists the username, real name, id, and so on of the user, so that you can quickly delete by names.

NOTE: Of course, only do this if you know what you’re doing. Using phpmyadmin, you can do anything from change one letter of someone’s username to trash your entire installation. Do not use this tool if you’re a noob. :)

Also, this only works if the user accounts do not have any posts associated with them. If they do, this may cause very unpredictable behavior. Before doing this, delete all the posts associated with the user accounts from bbPress, or by deleting posts from the bb_posts table. Then, you can safely delete the users using the steps above.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar