Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

mass edit/delete posts plugin?; where do if ind bbpress themes?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

If you look in your admin panel under content, you should have the new content->posts feature where you can search for posts by specific users, content, etc. Then you can delete via the list.

should be under the admin panel under content, or

/forums/bb-admin/content-posts.php

by mass edit/delete, i mean edit/delete multiple posts at once (with a checkbox). I don’t want to click each one, then click the pop-up dialogue boxes that ask me to confirm the delete.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you’re looking to do something like that, I would use phpMyAdmin and access the posts directly. You also have two separate issues: mass edit and mass delete. What exactly are you trying to do?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

It may be important to do deletes through bbpress and not phpmyadmin because there may be plugins that hook into the delete process.

I’ll look into making my recent posts plugin have the ability to do deletes via checkbox. Or it might be possible to mod the existing bbpress admin page.

(I assume this is a spamming issue or something like that)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I agree. For deleting posts, I would do it through bb-admin and if there is a need for something like this, it’s probably plugin territory. For a mass edit, which wasn’t really explained, I don’t see a problem using phpMyAdmin and a regex to update some text.

It’s just for convenience, and right now I’m doing a lot of test posts, so it’s quicker to delete those posts with the checkbox. I was deleting them in phpmyadmin, then read _ck_’s post about the plugin. If you don’t mind, can you explain how my deleting posts and topics through phpmyadmin would affect a plugin? So far, though, I only have the anonymous user plugin.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t think deleting them with phpMyAdmin affects any plugin specifically, but deleting them directly in the database doesn’t remove all references to those posts. I suspect there are other references to those posts that are not removed when you remove the post directly. Take a look in the admin panel at Site Management > Recount. Those are all things that are tied into posts somehow. For example, maybe a member has a post listed as their last post, then you delete that post. That would be bad since the reference they hold pointing to the post is no longer valid.

So, deleting just a post in the database is a bad idea. Doesn’t sound like you need to mass edit any posts, so for deleting them, use the bbPress admin panel, not phpMyAdmin.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

This thread is a few weeks old but just wanted to make sure you saw that I made a plugin to do mass deletions:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/mass-edit/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar