Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

*lost* username password for admin

• johanh

@johanh

Hi I had a username and password that was created when I installed bbpress. For some or other reason this username/password is not accepted any more.

This is new install using latest alpha bbpress because I wanted to integrate it with buddypress.

I have a created a few forum topics but I can start all over.

The only solution I have is to delete the install and the tables and start all over again.

Can you please suggest how to proceed?

Thanks

Johan Horak

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• mypop

@mypop

Usually if you delete the bb-config.php file, and then go to you main forum directory, it will go through the install process again and create you a new admin login without deleting the existing tables.

If you were using integration and hadn’t set up the correct user as keymaster, and your keymaster still exists, it is likely that you are looking at the wrong user tables. (wp_user vs bb_user)

If you are trying to integrate with buddypress / wpmu, then deleting the bb-config.php

and following the https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/trunk/bp-forums/installation-readme.txt

file will get you up and running with user sharing.

To do the integration you MUST be running the latest WPMU 2.7.1 branahc and BuddyPress trunk and NOTHING more that 1.0 Alpha 6 of bbPress – see here: https://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=471

After that, you’ve got the usual cookie integration to do if you want to, see here:

http://umwblogs.org/wiki/index.php/Integrating_WPMu%2C_BuddyPress%2C_and_bbPress

Having been round this loop many times, I know how frustrating it can be.

Hope that helps.

johanh

@johanh

I get the funny feeling that I am a lonely bozo out here. I cannot post with my wordpress username johanhorak and now I am ignored as well. Did you notice that I am feeling sorry for myself.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Assuming you had a valid email address setup, just do a password recovery/reset at your bb-login.php page

If the username isn’t even valid that probably means you are pointing to the wrong set of db tables.

johanh

@johanh

Thanks. I have rest recovered my password but it did not work. I can now delete my install and database and try again. It would have been nice to know the cause as I did not delete the database.

johanh

@johanh

@mypop It’s interesting to note in the way you write that you share my frustration and out of your frustration grew the energy to tell me what I need to do. I did that and this is the first time that I got the drop down menu as per the instructions https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/trunk/bp-forums/installation-readme.txt

3. On Step 3 enter anything you like for your site name and first forum name. Select “Admin” from the

35 dropdown to use as your keymaster user.

But then I got this *minor* error:

DB Error in BB_Install::process_form_finalise_installation: Table ‘johanhor_johanmu.wp_options’ doesn’t exist

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘auth_salt’ LIMIT 1

DB Error in BB_Install::process_form_finalise_installation: Table ‘johanhor_johanmu.wp_options’ doesn’t exist

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘secure_auth_salt’ LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘logged_in_salt’ LIMIT 1

This may be a minor error by the installation program but it seems Greek to me.

Hope you can help.

johanh

@johanh

Even with these errors my bbpress is working and all my users on MU were integrated with bbpress. Thanks for all your suggestions and advice and especially to my new friends above and @mypop

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar