Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Logout and posts disappear

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Trent Adams

@trent

Do you have the force login plugin or the members only plugin installed? Do you have an example to see if we can see the posts?

Trent

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

I have no plugins its fresh install.

Thanks heaps, you can have a look but I warn you it may be ugly and hard to read as I am stuffing around with the CSS at the moment

The site isn’t live to the public but you can see it here

http://www.buttonbadgelovers.com/talk/

the topic “your first topic” should show 2 posts and there should be a second topic called “test topic!!!”

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is it possible they are moderated because you are marked as a bozo (which seems to be a bug)? That would explain it. Log into your admin panel and go to users > bozos and see if you are a bozo there. It will also be marked in your profile page.

It’s also possible you will see the posts caught by Akismet if you’re using that.

Trent Adams

@trent

I was able to register and post. If you can’t see your post or mine, check the bb-admin/ => content => akismet and make sure we weren’t filtered through that. If we were, stop by users and the bozos to make sure we weren’t nailed there either.

Trent

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

thanks for your help, maybe it has something to do with the bozos

I’ll check it now

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

yes it is a bozo problem, what do i do? I just tried deleting it. but nothing should i set it to “0” or something?

Trent Adams

@trent

If you just clear out the BOZO portion in the profile and ‘update profile’ and it doesn’t take the changes, check out the 0.8.1-1 fix sticky at the top of the forums. That is getting people by with bozo issues until the next release. That or just make akismet = false in your config.php if the above fix doesn’t work for you!

Trent

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

Thanks heaps

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

by the way there is no my-plugins folder, i just tried to create one and put in that fix file & nothing also typed $bb->akismet_key = ‘false’

and nothing changed

Trent Adams

@trent

/my-plugins/ is something that you have to add to your root directory if you want to install plugins. Any plugin put in that folder will be executed. That fix file should work….hmm. As well, make sure that if you turn off akismet you have the ; at the end.

Trent

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

cool got it fixed

Firstly can I say great product, a few little quirks but exactly what I was after & has integrated into my site design well.

I am Just about to go live with it on my site but I have a few questions

1) wenkong posted a topic i think in chinese and now i cant delete the tag he created because it wont work, he said its something to do with utf8. How can I delete that tag & how can I stop it from happening again

2) How many tags will appear on the start page? does it go forever or is it limited to 100 etc

3) is there any examples of what the allowed markup with backticks looks like (If ?I dont know how it works Im sure my users won’t)

4) Is there a way to add images with a softresize to a set size say 500px etc or a plugin that can do it

Sorry If there was to many questions I’m just keen to launch my site

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> 1) wenkong posted a topic i think in chinese

> and now i cant delete the tag he created because

> it wont work, he said its something to do with

> utf8. How can I delete that tag & how can I stop

> it from happening again

Sorry, I can’t help with the tags. Maybe this will help: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/433

> 2) How many tags will appear on the start page?

> does it go forever or is it limited to 100 etc

It is limited, never checked how many, but it’s

taken care of automatically.

> 3) is there any examples of what the allowed

> markup with backticks looks like (If ?I dont

> know how it works Im sure my users won’t)

<?php /* this is a block of code in backticks */
    echo "Hello.nn";
    ?>

> 4) Is there a way to add images with a

> softresize to a set size say 500px etc

> or a plugin that can do it

Not that I know of, and I know why it’s a problem (it messes up the layout when wide images are used.) Maybe just post the image parameters and ask people not to insert large images. Ban those who won’t comply :)

But maybe someone will consider the image size limits for a plugin.

Have fun

fel64

@fel64

Very simple way to softly resize your images: go to your theme’s folder, open style.css, and copy in this code at the bottom:

img {
    max-width: 600px;
    max-height: 800px;
    }

You can change this to any values you like, but I think 600px width works with the default theme at least. Make sure there are no spaces between the number and the px. If you don’t care about height you can just take that line out. Any bigger images will be scaled down automatically – they will still load at full resolution/size, but they will display smaller. :)

funkylovebunny

@funkylovebunny

Thanks for that tip!!

I will try it soon

But will that effect other images i have in my layout, say i have a header that is 800px wide will it shrink my header to 600px or just the content in the forum?

fel64

@fel64

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Sorry.

This should work only in posts:

.post img {
    max-width: 600px;
    max-height: 800px;
    }

I think the max-dimension doesn’t work in Internet Explorer, not sure how much that bothers you? You can additionally add:

.post {
    overflow: auto;
    }

so that images larger than your post area will not break the layout but simply have a scrollbar at the bottom to navigate it. :)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar