Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

login>logout issues with both places

• When I login on the site and then go to the forums sometimes I am still logged out on the forums.

Is there a reason for this and a way to fix it and make the login and logout work perfectly for both of them?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• royho
    Participant

@royho

Do you have it in deep integration?

Hey royho, I don’t really know what you mean by that.

I have it had mysite.com/forums

its on the same database as wordpress and I followed the wordpress integration steps

royho
    Participant

@royho

The only time I’ve seen this happen is when the integration was not done properly. You mentioned “sometimes”, so does that mean at times it works? Or are you seeing the symptoms of logging in on wordpress does not log you in on bbpress, you would have to log in again on bbpress and vice versa? Is that what you’re seeing?

When I login on the website, im not automatically logged in on the forum. I have to manually login on the forum as well.

I logged in on the forum however and it DID automatically log me in on the site. Very strange.

So these two work.. (logout on forum and it logs out on site) (login on forum and it logs in on site)

The “logout” link on the website won’t work when logged in on the forum as well.

The one most important one (login on site and it logs in on forum)

does not work either :(

royho
    Participant

@royho

It was one of the first problems listed there, I had my blog URL including the www. and my forum one did not. Changed it and it fixed it :)

Thank you, that topic should be in the documentation for sure!

I realized it was still acting up so I followed the rest of the directions and now it doesn’t work AT ALL :(

royho
    Participant

@royho

Is this a new site? Would you be able to redo it or its already live?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar