Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login Issue

• GW

@cillianguywingfieldcom

Hi,

I’m working on integrating my bbpress and wordpress sites, and I appear to have done some serious damage.

My forum now does not allow me to login. http://bit.ly/aJzdNs

Any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, what happens when you try to log in?

Can you register a new user there and log in like that (just as a test)?

GW

@cillianguywingfieldcom

Hi chrishajer,

When I try to login it takes me to the login page and says ‘that user does not exist.’ likewise, I don’t exist when I go through the ‘forgot password’ form.

It doesn’t leave me register a new user – the registration input page appears over and over, without leading to the registration success page.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Cillian,

When you access your user table in your datbase, is there anyone in there?

What theme are you using? (reverting back to the original theme helps throw up errors).

GW

@cillianguywingfieldcom

Hi Kevin,

I’m currently logged out and it wont leave me log in again, hence the dire situation :(

I’m using businesslike, but I have switched back to default to see if it makes any difference. It doesn’t(!)

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Cillian,

sorry, the weekend got away from me a little.

My suggestions are going to seem really really obvious, sorry in advance, but good to check these things out.

1) Did logging in/out work before?

2) What changed since then?

Can you change back to the default themes in bbPress and WordPress and then do the following, noting your server error log along the way (after each step):

3) navigate away form your website, then clear your cookies, the restart your browser.

4) Try and login via your bbPress.

5) navigate away form your website, then clear your cookies, the restart your browser.

6) Try and login via WordPress

7) navigate away form your website, then clear your cookies, the restart your browser.

8) try and register with bbPress

9) navigate away form your website, then clear your cookies, the restart your browser.

10) Register via WordPress.

I know those steps are painful, and a bit pedantic, but cookies are a VERY big pain if they don’t work first time when integrating these two systems (especially if you’re logged in as admin/keymaster at the time of installation/integration). Right now, it appears you’re in the 1% rather than the 99% mate, but lets try and fix that.

Kev

GW

@cillianguywingfieldcom

Hi Kevin,

I followed these steps, but was unable to fix the problem that way. However, I got around it by changing the bbPress Database Table prefix (in bb-config.php) from

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’;

to

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_1’;

Problem solved! Hope that helps someone who has the same issue. Thanks, @chrishajer and @kevinjohngallagher.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar