Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login does not work after successfull install?

• I just installed BBPress because I really need a simple forum for my website. The install went perfectly, and I got it up and running, or so it appeared. When I tried to log in with the master account, like the setup wizard told me to do, I got these following messages beneath:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php:1) in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php:1) in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php:1) in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232

Why does it not work. Can any of you help me get it up and running. I just want to start designing it and not having to worry about all this php stuff.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are you using any plugins? If so, disable them.

Are you using a different language file? I see the .no in your domain name.

Also, do you integrate with WordPress, and if so, what version. And what version of bbPress too.

The only other error I found close to this is here:

http://support.bbpress.de/topic/anmeldung-nicht-moglich-bitte-hilfe

That’s in German, which made me think of the language file. The complaint there seems to have something to do with a XAMPP installation. What server are you running on?

I’m not using any language files no. I wish I could, but bbpress did not have Norwegian.

I’m not using any plugins at all for BBpress. And I did not integrate BBpress with WordPress. It’s a perfectly clean install.

What do I have to do? Should I de-install it and do something different? You can see the installation on http://www.michaeljackson.no/forum

I just deleted the whole database and the forum, and reinstalled it. This time I tried integrating it with WordPress. I was able to find all keys, exept secure_auth_salt in the WP-options.

However, I got this errormessage, after a “successfull install”:

Quote:
    >>> WordPress cookie keys not set.

>>>>>> Your “bb-config.php” file was not writable.

>>>>>> You will need to manually re-define “BB_AUTH_KEY”, “BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY” and “BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY” in your “bb-config.php” file.

The forum is looking like it always has, and logging in still does not work. Obviously there is something very problematic with Line 273 and 232 – in my BB-config file, my Class.wp-auth.php file, and my functions.bb-pluggable.php file.

Someone please help me, fast!!! I want this forum up and running. I thought this would be much simpler.

Okay strike that it’s working. Minutes later, the forum doesnt load at all. This is the message it gives now:

Warning: require_once(/home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-load.php on line 160

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-load.php on line 160

OH COMON

I need help here!

I can’t use this forum if someone doesn’t help me with this problem. And I really want to use it because I like the concept of BBpress. I’ve been searching for the simplest ever forum, and this was it.

Gee, I’m terribly sorry that the people volunteering their time for no compensation had their own lives to take care of. Take a deep breath. Okay? Good.

What version of bbPress is this? I’m assuming 1.0.2, but let’s be sure.

What version of PHP and SQL are on your server?

While we’re at it, Windows or *nix server?

Any blank lines before <?php or after the last ?> in your bb-config.php file?

The newest version of BBPress, just downloaded it.

I have no idea about what PHP, SQL and Windows it is. Im gonna have to ask my host. But does it really matter? I can tell you its not outdated for sure. They constantly provide the newest tools and techs.

No blank lines. And like you see in the errorlog, its line 273 and 232 that are problematic. Supposedly.

I just found out I can see this info in Cpanel. Here it is:

PHP version: 5.2.9

MySQL version: 5.0.81 Community

Operating system: Linux

i am facing the same problem on my own server. i have successfully tried installing the .x.x versions. this was my first test with 1.x.x release.

PHP 5.2.8

MySQL Version 5.0.51a-community

Web Server apache2handler

Hmm. managed to fix my problem…

check for extra spacing at the end of the bb-config file. that might be causing these problems.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sushubh, please start a separate topic if you need additional help.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> Permission denied in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-load.php on line 160

What are the permissions on this file /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php/ Should be 0644 or something like this -rw-r--r-- depending on how you can look at the permissions.

That’s read and write for the owner, read for anyone else. You’re getting a permission denied error, which means the file is there, but the process can’t read it.

I have NO clue about permissions. I never use that with WordPress… wouldnt I have the same problem there too?

Infact, look away from that Line 160 issue, I dont have that problem now. Its the very first errorlog that I posted thats the problem now.

There does not seem to be any additional spacing. The BB config file is 64 lines in total. It ends with “?>”

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, what problem do you actually have now? You alternately posted different problems, fixed and not. So, what issues do you currently have? This was the last I read:

Okay strike that it’s working. Minutes later, the forum doesnt load at all. This is the message it gives now:

Are you back to the original problem now?

Yes the original problem, like I said.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-config.php:1) in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232

So what should I do?

There is no additional spacing in the config file, the install went perfect, I have not specified any permissions of any kind.

In WordPress that error is almost always caused by spaces or blank extra lines in your config file.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wordpress-error-warning-cannot-modify-header-information/

The same is, generally, true of bbPress. Please read the link above to make sure that when we talk about spaces, we’re both talking about the same thing :)

Yes, no spaces there. I could always paste the entire bb-config file for you to see.

You can try, but even if you did, I’m pretty sure I’d never see if there were blank lines or extra lines below and above, would I? That’s the bi**h about debugging this :/

The only ticket on this even says blank lines are the cause: https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/815

Well, here the entire thing is, with sensorship:

<?php

/**

* The base configurations of bbPress.

* This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,

* Secret Keys and bbPress Language. You can get the MySQL settings from your

* web host.

* This file is used by the installer during installation.

* @package bbPress

*/

// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //

/** The name of the database for bbPress */

define( ‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘michael_forum’ );

/** MySQL database username */

define( ‘BBDB_USER’, ‘michael_forum’ );

/** MySQL database password */

define( ‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘***’ );

/** MySQL hostname */

define( ‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’ );

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */

define( ‘BBDB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’ );

/** The Database Collate type. Don’t change this if in doubt. */

define( ‘BBDB_COLLATE’, ” );

/**#@+

* Authentication Unique Keys.

* Change these to different unique phrases!

* You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/bbpress/ WordPress.org secret-key service}

* @since 1.0

*/

define( ‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’ );

define( ‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’ );

define( ‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’ );

define( ‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’ );

/**#@-*/

/**

* bbPress Database Table prefix.

* You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique

* prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

*/

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’;

/**

* bbPress Localized Language, defaults to English.

* Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen

* language must be installed to a directory called “my-languages” in the root

* directory of bbPress. For example, install de.mo to “my-languages” and set

* BB_LANG to ‘de’ to enable German language support.

*/

define( ‘BB_LANG’, ” );

?>

FYI, use the backtick (see the note below the post message box) to post code.

And … as I predicted, I can’t see if you have a blank line after your ?> :/

Well ugh, there is no space there! I’ve checked ten thousand times already.

<?php
    /**
    * The base configurations of bbPress.
    * This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
    * Secret Keys and bbPress Language. You can get the MySQL settings from your
    * web host.
    * This file is used by the installer during installation.
    * @package bbPress
    */

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for bbPress */
    define( 'BBDB_NAME', 'michael_forum' );

/** MySQL database username */
    define( 'BBDB_USER', 'michael_forum' );

/** MySQL database password */
    define( 'BBDB_PASSWORD', '***' );

/** MySQL hostname */
    define( 'BBDB_HOST', 'localhost' );

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define( 'BBDB_CHARSET', 'utf8' );

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
    define( 'BBDB_COLLATE', '' );

/**#@+
    * Authentication Unique Keys.
    * Change these to different unique phrases!
    * You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/bbpress/ WordPress.org secret-key service}
    * @since 1.0
    */
    define( 'BB_AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here' );
    define( 'BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here' );
    define( 'BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here' );
    define( 'BB_NONCE_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here' );
    /**#@-*/

/**
    * bbPress Database Table prefix.
    * You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique
    * prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
    */
    $bb_table_prefix = 'bb_';

/**
    * bbPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
    * Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
    * language must be installed to a directory called "my-languages" in the root
    * directory of bbPress. For example, install de.mo to "my-languages" and set
    * BB_LANG to 'de' to enable German language support.
    */
    define( 'BB_LANG', '' );
    ?>

I’m sorry :( That is the ONLY time I’ve seen that error. I mean, you can’t login, so clearly you have no plugins activated to be causing that.

No, so what is causing it then? Are there nobody in this forum who knows? Who actually made this forum?

It specifically highlights line 273 and 232 in two select files. Is there nothing I should change about those?

You know what. A ghost has helped me.

For some reason, it all works now. Everything seems to be okay. I can log in without problems.

I first tried going the backway, which I had not tried before – by logging in to bb-admin.

When that worked, I was a bit surprised, so I logged out, and tried it the normal way, and that worked too, also in several browsers.

I’ve changed nothing. But I did contact my host and tell him about the problem, I haven’t heard from him after the fix, but we talked earlier today. Maybe he did something?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar