Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

loading wordpress with bbpress

• what does that mean?

setting BB_WP equal to true that is. is’nt it suppose to load the header/footer of my wp installationg? if that is the case, it it’nt working.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • why is it that i always get a sense of satisfaction when i create a thread that goes ON and ON?

thanks, waffe. i am going to try that. mozey, i get the same satisfaction. and yes waffe, i am having no problems with my wordpress.

mdawaffe,

Actually i need to disable both plugin at the same time :)

OK, so let me get this straight;

To make bbPress and WordPress match, all I have to do is add:

require_once('/path/to/wp-blog-header.php');

define('WP_BB', true); in my bbpress config.php file (edited to fit my directory structure of course). and then in the theme’s header.php, I put get_header() and bbPress will grab the header from my WordPress install, and all will be right in the world?

Yeah that the main point. But i think if u using version 0.73, u no longer need to put define(‘WP_BB’, true);

OK I’ll try it without. Thanks :)

OK, so I’ve done that, and it looks kind of muddled. How can I get bbPress to ingore it’s own stylesheets and just get all the info from WP’s theme?

http://www.macuserblog.com/boards/

talkaboutdesign

@talkaboutdesign

i got this to work fine, check out http://www.talkaboutdesign.com/forum/

I’m also working on modifying the theme, and will be releasing a download for it in a near future.

tgpuckett,

it seem to me u put get_header(); inside header.php without removing all the original content

Atsutane:

Ok, now header.php only includes: <?php get_header() ?> and nothing else. It looks better now. How do I get the sidebar, etc to move over? I want it to be completely seamless. Thanks so much for your help so far!

Well maybe u can imagine like this. Inside your bbpress template, all file (not included header.php and footer.php) equal to your normal WP post. So u need to set up header.php and footer.php to be like ur WP index.php theme file.

To make it short. Cut your WP theme index.php into 3 part. 1 for bbpress header.php, 1 for bbpress footer.php and one for your post a.k.a other bbpress template file.

Sorry if my word confusing you. But i donno how to explain it XD.

Yeah that’s kind of confusing…..Really the only problem now is bbPress is not centered in the page as it should be, it’s on the left-hand side. How can I fix this?

To center it u need to play with css .. try look into default bbpress style.css and see which code u can use to suit your theme :)

OK, in my header.php file I have <?php get_header; get_sidebar(); get_footer(); ?>. Everything is OK, but now bbPress is shoved below the WP theme. Is this a theme problem or a CSS problem? How can I fix it? I really appreciate all the help you’ve offered Atsutane! It’s much appreciated.

I do like this. In header.php i put

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div something>

<div something>

Inside footer.php i put

</div> // close something div

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div> // close something div

<?php get_footer(); ?>

When u put “<?php get_header; get_sidebar(); get_footer(); ?>” all inside header.php that mean u load all ur header, sidebar and footer before u load ur content

OK, I can follow that, where do I need to put get_sidebar()? In the header?

For me i put inside footer.php after i close all div that hold my forum content. If u are k2 user maybe i can share my header.php and footer.php

OK, so I keep getting closer :) Atsutane, I don’t use K2 unfortunately :-(

http://www.macuserblog.com/boards/ is where I’m at now. Is the remaining problem CSS or PHP-related? Thanks again!

From what i see. I think it only css problem and some html problem. It seem before <div id=”footer”> u got 1 extra </div> … well i think so :) Anyway i need to go now. Good luck with your bbpress

Atsutane: Thanks so much for your help!! I really appreciate it :)

I seem to be having a similar problem here, but when I add:

require_once('/wp-content/themes/BabyQuestions101/header.php');

in my bb config.php file, I get this error:

Warning: main(/wp-content/themes/BabyQuestions101/header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in path/to/babyquestions101.com/forum/config.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/wp-content/themes/BabyQuestions101/header.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /path/to/babyquestions101.com/forum/config.php on line 3

(the require_once code is just below the php tag, like this:

<?php

require_once('/wp-content/themes/BabyQuestions101/header.php');

// ** MySQL settings ** //

define('BBDB_NAME', '////'); // The name of the database...

I can’t seem to make this error go away.

Also, is it true that with bbpress .75 I now DO NOT need to add the following line to my config.php file?:

define('WP_BB',true);

Any help here would be appreciated.

Austane, I use k2 and could you share your header and footer info with me?

~andyh2

I got it right except for in k2 it looks really weird. Its all over the place. Look at thetechkid.com/bbpress to see whats wrong with it.

I have never tried what you are doing (in terms of this type of integration), but maybe this article by So10 might be something that can help in the meantime? If not, disregard ;)

Trent

what article? Theres no link.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar