Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

List user post total

• comagnum
    Participant

@comagnum

I’ve searched everywhere, to no avail. There used to be a plugin for this for older versions of bbpress (post count pro I believe it was called) but there aren’t any plugins for this anymore. I’m limited on my code knowledge, but I’d really like for this to be accheived. We’re a compeitive gaming community and vBulletin has been a staple of our professional/amateur gaming life since the beginning. I’ve decided to make the move to bbpress to have a more seemless site integration between users, posts, and news. My ultimate goal is to make the forums as similar to vBulletin as possible, but all of the plugins that accheived this goal do not work with the newer versions. I’d like for the post total to be listed under the users name when they post, as well as in their profiles. In addition custom user roles would be a plus, but not requred. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d be very grateful.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• comagnum
    Participant

@comagnum

🙁

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

Give this a try:

$post_count = ( bbp_get_user_reply_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) ) + ( bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
    		echo "Total Posts: " . $post_count;

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

any idea where to add the code to have it show under the avatar in topics/replies?

I think the count works, just can not get it placed correctly

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

It needs to go inside loop-single-reply.php – just underneath bbp_reply_author_link line 36 in my theme.

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Thanks, any idea how to have it not show under guest posts, since that is not counted of course.

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

You could check what number is returned or if it’s not empty, what does it return for guest users?

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

It doesn’t return any number for guests, just “Total posts:”

Try bbp_is_anonymous to check if it’s an anonymous user before outputting the post count.

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Nope, that does not seem to be working.
    I tried several different ways, but all just output the same.

I got to this code, but still outputs the Totals for guests without a value/number:

<?php if ( bbp_is_anonymous() ) {
    		echo "Guest Post"; }
    		else {
    		$post_count = ( bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
    		echo "Total Topics: " . $post_count; 	
    		$post_count = ( bbp_get_user_reply_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
    		echo "Total Replies: " . $post_count; } ?>

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

I got it working and also Guests Posts (Topics and Replies) don’t return and empty value.
    Might not be the best way, but all I got:

<?php 
    		if ( bbp_is_topic_anonymous() ) {
    		echo "<br>Guest Post"; }
    		elseif ( bbp_is_reply_anonymous() ) {
    		echo "<br>Guest Post"; }
    		else {
    		$post_count = ( bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
    		echo "<br>Total Topics: " . $post_count; 	
    		$post_count = ( bbp_get_user_reply_count_raw ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
    		echo "<br>Total Replies: " . $post_count; } 
    ?>
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar