Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"Link to existing content" reveals private pages

• wesleyjohns24
    Participant

@wesleyjohns24

The dialog in bbPress for inserting a link into a post by default shows a search box and a list of existing content on the site.

I am using WooCommerce on the same WordPress installation as bbPress. The problem is that WooCommerce coupons use Pages. This means all of my coupons (often ones that are created for specific people or specific purposes) can be publicly displayed in this list.

I’ve edited my css to display: none; this section, but I’m not satisfied with this solution as it is still possible for someone to change the css and view these pages.

Is there a way I can disable this feature? How might I go about modifying the code to remove it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

I’m not 100% on what is happening without seeing a site link, if you can find out where the coupons are being rendered then you could wrap them in if(!is_bbpress()) { }

kleypie
    Participant

@kleypie

I was wondering if anybody had a solution to this? I’d like my users to have the formatting toolbar for posts but I dont like that when they click “link” it shows “link to existing content” and shows pages and pretty much tons of stuff I dont want my forum users to go to. If you want to know what I mean, you can actually do the same thing on this bbPress support forum when you are replying to a post.

Is there a way to turn that off?

My site btw is

Forum

Thank you!!

telltalesines
    Participant

@telltalesines

I, too, am having this exact issue. Our slider uses custom posts to store slides, and they’re visible in the selection dropdown, which is very confusing to users and makes us look like we’re not paying attention to details. Anyone have any thoughts? Frankly, I can get away with disabling the entire “link to existing content” section, but I’d prefer to be able to do this more granularly by blocking just the offending custom post types, and I’m sure others will stumble upon this thread in the future and need to have that kind of control, too.

I’d really love to know if either of the above two commenters successfully found a solution, or if anyone else has any thoughts.

David
    Participant

@david2019

Any update on this? I am to having this issue.

Soumik
    Participant

@soumik99

Hi,

Did anyone manage to find a solution to this?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar