Categories
Search
Bottom

"link" button

• Mantzer
    Participant

@mantzer

I’m using WP 3.3.2 and bbPress 2.2.3.
    I’m having the problem that the “link” button is not working when posting a new topic or reply.
    Instead the screen is partially blacked out and increases in “blackness” when pressing the button more often.
    Everything else is working great. Any help highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Firstly you need to update to WordPress 3.8 & bbPress 2.5.2, most likely the issue you have has already been fixed 🙂

Mantzer
    Participant

@mantzer

Hey Stephen,
    thanks but of course I’m aware I should update. But since I made changes to the source files of my WP installation but unfortunately cannot remember what I did / where I did it, I’m trying to avoid updating as long as everything works (more or less). 😉

I also do not know what changes you have made so until you update both WordPress & bbPress you are basically out of luck.

This is the reason why you should never change the core files in WordPress or bbPress.

I would suggest you create yourself a test install of WordPress locally, add your theme and plugins and compare the changes and start to implement the changes you need in an upgrade friendly way such as child themes and custom additions to functions.php etc.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar