Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Line 80 error

• Hello,

This is my first bat at installing BBpress. I’m looking forward to playing with it if I can figure out what’s wrong with it. Can someone help me troubleshoot here? I think I read somewhere on the forums that someone had a similar issue but I can’t find that post again.

So first of all I’m integrating it a previous wordpress installation. I put everything in a subdirectory called /forums/. For the database info in the config file I put all of the same info for the wordpress install, I hope that was correct.

I have no clue what this is:

define(‘BBDB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’);

define(‘BBDB_COLLATE’, ”);

So I left it blank, is that correct?

Lastly, at the bottom I entered this:

$bb->wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’;

$bb->wp_home = ‘http://www.airshipleague.com/forums’;

$bb->wp_siteurl = ‘http://www.airshipleague.com’;

Is this correct??? I’m not sure what the difference between _home and _siteurl is. I’m assuming that home is where I want the forums to go and the url is the domain of the site as a whole…But that’s totally guesswork. A lot of this database stuff is greek to me.

So I uploaded everything and went to install it and would continually see the error above the install wizard:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-admin/install.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/functions.php on line 1898

I figured I would try and install anyways crossing my fingers it would disappear. The install completed and sent me a confirmation email. When I logged on for the first time above the forums it says:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

If I try and log in it will hang and nothing will happen. If I refresh it will bring me to a login page with similar error messages hanging above.

If it matters at all I’m using Godaddy’s service which allows me to have multiple domains on a single IP, so the site is really a subfolder of my main url that airshipleague.com is forwarded to. I don’t have problems with that at all when I install wordpress though.

Many thanks for any help you can give me!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think the posts tagged 745 might help (745 is the trac ticket where the solution is discussed).

https://bbpress.org/forums/search.php?q=745

Maybe this post in particular:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installing-bbpress?replies=14#post-11787

Thanks Chris,

I was just doing some of my own sleuthing and found that ticket. I made the change at line 80, adding the “i”. I got rid of 1 error but still get:

Warning: mysqli_get_server_info() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Let me know if you have any advice here otherwise I’ll continue sleuthing.

Okay, so do I need to apply this whole patch somehow? I clicked on 745c.diff and got a bunch of code I don’t know what to do with, how am I meant to patch this properly?

So I read that another workaround is to overwrite /bb-includes/db-mysqli.php with /bb-includes/db.php . What does that mean exactly and how do I do that? The problem I find with these instructions is that it assumes a lot of knowledge on the part of the user to know coder-speak. I know I could do it but I just don’t know what I need to do.

But other people say that when they apply 745c.diff their problems go away, so perhaps I should just figure out how to apply that patch. But first I need to be able to understand how to do that…any help?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The best way I know is with a linux system to use the patch command. If you don’t have access to that program, I could patch the file and email it for you. Or you could download a later release where the problem is already fixed. Check my profile for contact information if you need help.

There were other solutions as well in this post:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installing-bbpress?replies=14#post-11787

Did you try anything else?

I tried to see what happens if I log in with the current error I get and below is what I get. Does this provide any clues?

Warning: mysqli_get_server_info() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:80) in /home/content/o/p/e/openartist/html/airshipleague/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 164

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Trac is generally very coder oriented. I’m not a coder but I can keep up sometimes. I can apply the patch to the file and then send you the updated files, maybe that will work. Or if you have access to a linux system, patch is the name of an executable that will most likely already be installed.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

For overwriting the one file with another, basically just paste the contents of this file /bb-includes/db.php into this one /bb-includes/db-mysqli.php and then save. Now you have two different files, but they both contain the contents of /bb-includes/db.php.

Hi Chris,

I overwrote the file by your directions and that seemed to work just fine, all problems seem to be solved. Are they going to update the download anytime soon so that this doesn’t happen in the future?

Thanks again,

Paul

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It is already fixed in the development (alpha) version, so it will be in the next public release, whenever that is. Sorry for the problems.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar