Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Limited posts

• aerokat
    Participant

@aerokat

I am so frustrated with bbPress. I wanted to be rid of my phpbb forum…. when I found that wordpress had its own sort forum, I was excited. I loaded it, got it all set up…. I made several posts… over 70 posts for a matter of fact…now I am having a problem.

I am reposting a lot of old logs from the previous phpbb forum onto the bbpress. And I have hit a block to where bbpress will no longer make new posts. I imagine that this is a problem on my mysql/database side…. but I can’t find any info on it and don’t know how to figure it out….as I am still learning databases and such.

I still have over a years worth of logs to load….. but yet it seems as though bbpress or wordpress has hit is limit of what I can post?

Does anyone know what I can do? Is there a setting on wordpress, bbpress or mysql database that can be make to allow me to continue? Or should I just stay with the old phpBB forum that I already have and leave bbpress alone?

I am using bbpress 2.2.3 and wordpress 3.5

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I am not exactly sure what you are saying here!

Did you use the bbPress Import Tool to import your old phpBB forum into bbPress?

https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/

aerokat
    Participant

@aerokat

No, I didn’t use the import function, because I wasn’t able to get it to work. I have been manually posting past posts into this bbpress. But it has stopped letting me post. Like…when I make a new entry in the topic and hit post, the entry comes up blank. Like it has deleted all my text.

That seems strange and we have had no other reports of an issue like yours.

Have you tried clearing your web browser cache or by posting from a different browser or computer?

aerokat
    Participant

@aerokat

I also had this problem on the old bbpress 1 (stand alone). I thought it was because it wasn’t the latest version. After 40-some large posts, it hangs up and won’t allow me to post anymore.

But last night I set up the lastest with my current forum. I’ve tried two different browsers at two different locations/IP addresses and computers. I get the same thing.

Are you running out of hard disk space or SQL database size with your web host?

aerokat
    Participant

@aerokat

I am running SQL from my web host…. and unfortunately, I know very little about SQL and databases. I do have access to it… but it all looks foreign to me.

You maybe running out of either disk space or have limits on your database size.

Contact your web host support and ask them to check both of the above for you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar