Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

limit number of tags?

• I’m trying to limit the number of tags in certain forums, ie, users can post no more than 3 tags per topic, and if they do, the post form goes away (“sorry, you’ve reached the 3-tag limit; please delete a tag if you want to add another”).

I added a simple php switch to handle this. The problem is, tag adding is handled by javascript / ajax, so users can keep adding tags and they’ll never trip the switch until they refresh the page.

Is there any simple way to limit the number of tags in certain forums?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • OK, a brute force approach is to do the following:

1. Open topic.js

2. comment out the Tags function that starts on line 18

The disadvantage is it’s (a) hacking the core and (b) disables javascript updating across the whole site (rather than just the 2-3 forums where I want to limit tags). I would really appreciate any insights from people who better understand javascript/jQuery as to how to conditionally load the function.

OK, a brute force approach is to do the following:

1. Open topic.js

2. comment out the Tags function that starts on line 18

The disadvantage is it’s (a) hacking the core and (b) disables javascript updating across the whole site (rather than just the 2-3 forums where I want to limit tags). I would really appreciate any insights from people who better understand javascript/jQuery as to how to conditionally load the function.

haha, irony… the “add tag” form on the left sidebar of this topic is borked (javascript doesn’t automatically update tag listing on Firefox).

haha, irony… the “add tag” form on the left sidebar of this topic is borked (javascript doesn’t automatically update tag listing on Firefox).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar