Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Latest Discussion Error

• Hey Community,

I am starting up another site, and I am setting up the Latest Discussions Plugin. I have installed and integrated WP & BB. Once I activate the plugin and use the call for the latest discussion on the wordpress page I am given this error:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]
    SELECT * FROM topics WHERE topic_status = 0 ORDER BY topic_time DESC LIMIT

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Thanks,

Orion

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The setting is missing. U need to configure the setting first inside the option page.

Hey Atsutane,

I was just going to post that I figured it out. On my last set up I was using a dedicated server with a local host for the DB, but this time I was running into an error with shared server and externally hosted DB. With the dedicated server I simply used a path in the BB Press Location field. When using a simple path on my shared server I was given the error, but when I changed it to the full url (http://mysite/) the plugin worked!

Thanks for such a great plugin, one of my favorites!

Best,

Orion

Glad it work for you. For some reason i notice the default plugin setup not work on some server. Fix the problem already.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar