Search
Bottom

Large Forum – Slow?

• themefurnace
    Participant

@themefurnace

Hi,

I have finally converted a large forum over to bbPress from Vbulletin,
    The bbPress forum page and threads etc are quite slow – Im just using bbPress + BuddyPress with Twenty Twelve theme at the moment while I code my forum theme.

The bbPress section of the site is slow – there is a few seconds delay when clicking a thread or onto the forum page itself so guessing this is due to the size – 850k replies, 61k topics and 21k users.

I wondered if there were any tweaks or recommendations for speeding up the site, Im on my own dedicated server and Vbulletin is blazing fast on it.

I saw this thread – http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/slow-to-post-forum-topics-and-replies-on-large-forum/ where it mentioned a speed increase in 2.6 for larger forums, any news on that ? Or anything I can try now to test it out ?

I read that hidden forums might make a difference so I unhid the forum but no speed increase.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• themefurnace
    Participant

@themefurnace

To add – Ive just installed APC and enabled object cache which has made my Vbulletin forum even quicker but hasn’t helped bbPress. Browsing is slow and posting new threads / replies even slower.

Have optimized the DB with phpMyadmin also.

solhuebner
    Participant

@solhuebner

Hi,

2.6 is supposed to be faster but it looks like development is somehow stuck.

And I would love to see some Discourse features to be ported to bbPress as it could be better on mobile devices but I can not even find such as paid plugins…

Kind regards

PS: I am still not sure which forum to use as I am a bit disappointed about bbPress. Not about the development but on the missing information on its future and the new version like why is it delayed, what to do against that, where is help most needed…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar