Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Kunena converter for bbPress 2.4

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)

• Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

@johnjamesjacoby @netweb Just calling out.

@csotelo Most excellent dude…. That said, I made one too 🙂

You can grab the latest revision from https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2402

The main differences are:

• Forums
    • Updated code formatting and inline docs
    • Uses kunena_categories.parent_id for Forum parent ID
    • Imports Forums topic & reply counts
    • Uses kunena_categories.alias for forum slug (seo)
    • Includes Category/Forum forum type input & callback method
    • Includes Open/Closed forum status & callback method
    • Topics
    • Ahmmm

Ok, I just stopped at ‘Topics’ as there are quite a few differences there, I based mine on Kunena v3.0.1 Forums, What version are you importing from?
    (There are some significant changes here)

I have just updated my Kunena v3.x importer and added v2.x and 1.x importers 🙂

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2402

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

When I run the script with the convert users option checked it throws the following error:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'users.userid' in 'field list']
    SELECT convert(users.userid USING "utf8") AS userid,convert(users.password USING "utf8") AS password,convert(users.username USING "utf8") AS username,convert(users.email USING "utf8") AS email,convert(users.registerDate USING "utf8") AS registerDate FROM tvc4d_users AS users LIMIT 0, 100

It appears to work if I don’t try to convert the users. I’ll dig into this later this evening but wanted to see if it’s something obvious?

Which version are you using? Make sure you are using the latest (and correct) version.

There are now three versions of the Kunena importer:

• Kunena1.php for Kunena v1.x
    • Kunena2.php for Kunena v2.x
    • Kunena3.php for Kunena v3.x

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

Thanks for the reply.

I am using version 2.03 and your kunena2.php importer.

I’m tempted to upgrade to 3.0.1 and try your kunena3.php importer.

Thanks for your help!

Oh… So it is, I’ll upload a new version of Kunena2.php now with that fixed 🙂

Done, uploaded a new version of Kunena2.php with the User DB Mappings fixed.

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

Thanks for you reply.

I am not getting the following error:

WordPress database error: [Table 'insomnia_tccjoomla.tvc4d_user' doesn't exist]
    SELECT convert(user.userid USING "utf8") AS userid,convert(user.password USING "utf8") AS password,convert(user.salt USING "utf8") AS salt,convert(user.username USING "utf8") AS username,convert(user.email USING "utf8") AS email,convert(user.homepage USING "utf8") AS homepage,convert(user.joindate USING "utf8") AS joindate,convert(user.aim USING "utf8") AS aim,convert(user.yahoo USING "utf8") AS yahoo,convert(user.icq USING "utf8") AS icq,convert(user.msn USING "utf8") AS msn,convert(user.skype USING "utf8") AS skype FROM tvc4d_user AS user LIMIT 0, 100

I believe the table it should be looking for is: tccjoomla.tvc4d_users not user

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

*now

It looks right to me, did you download the latest version and upload it to the correct location?
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/raw-attachment/ticket/2402/Kunena2.php

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

Yes I have the latest version you updated. Thanks

I reset the forum and started from scratch. Ran the installer again and now it threw this error:

WordPress database error: [Table ‘ixxxxxxx_xxxxxxx.jos_kunena_topics’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT convert(kunena_messages.id USING “utf8”) AS id,convert(kunena_messages.catid USING “utf8”) AS catid,convert(kunena_messages.thread USING “utf8”) AS thread,convert(kunena_messages.ip USING “utf8”) AS ip,convert(kunena_messages.userid USING “utf8”) AS userid,convert(kunena_messages.subject USING “utf8”) AS subject,convert(kunena_messages_text.message USING “utf8”) AS message,convert(kunena_messages.time USING “utf8”) AS time FROM tvc4d_kunena_messages AS kunena_messages LEFT JOIN tvc4d_kunena_messages_text AS kunena_messages_text ON kunena_messages_text.mesid = kunena_messages.id LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_topics AS kunena_topics ON kunena_messages.thread = kunena_topics.id WHERE kunena_messages.parent != 0 LIMIT 0, 100

csotelo
    Participant

@csotelo

@netweb sorry for the long delayed answer, I just tryied your file, and it is great, to much better than mine 😀

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

Kunena converter (both 2.0 and 3.0) stuck at some specific Kunena topic it is importing.

Please add a function to bypass topics it cannot import, and make script continue with healthy topics. This way only one topic is missing, as it is now all topics behind one that makes problems are missing.

I would try to repair (or delete) that Joomla Kunena topic, but number “10999” says me absolutely nothing.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

Maybe some detailed clarification. It is about replies of some topic.

Converting replies (10100 - 10199)

@stagger-lee If the converter is stuck at Converting replies (10100 - 10199) click Stop wait a few seconds then click Start and the converter will continue on its merry way. 🙂

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

Thank you, i am just trying that, and report comes.

Some other thing, converter stops with error because you have hard coded database prefix at line 365:

'join_expression' => 'ON kunena_messages_text.mesid = kunena_messages.id LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_topics AS kunena_topics ON kunena_messages.thread = kunena_topics.id WHERE kunena_messages.parent != 0',

That “jos_” i need to change to my Joomla prefix and all is OK.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

“Starting Conversion” and spinning and spinning. I will wait 10-15 minutes.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

No, it doesnt do anything, just spinning. Maybe it needs to be start from beginning next time without “Purge Previous Import” checked. Seems as it try now to do all from very scratch.

But then it is risk of database corruption and duplicates. Dont want to be rude, but make plugin little bit verbose, put some info around, dont be leasy. 🙂

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

OK, one hour passed. I started with “Purge Previous Import” disabled and it doesnt work.

Stop => Start doesnt work.

Wish someone could test it locally.

No, it doesnt do anything, just spinning. Maybe it needs to be start from beginning next time without “Purge Previous Import” checked. Seems as it try now to do all from very scratch.

Sometimes the ‘Purge previous import’ gets a little confused 😉

You can Reset Forums which will remove all forums, topics, topic tags & replies from the WordPress database giving you a ‘clean’ bbPress to start again.

Dont want to be rude, but make plugin little bit verbose, put some info around, dont be leasy.

As the converter is constantly being improved in bbPress we will get more verbose/debugging information in there in future versions. Generating this type of information supporting the ever growing ~35 different forum conversion scripts is no easy task and we are trying not to be vague yet at the same time not be to verbose either.

jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

I never was able to get it to work. I would like to switch a joomla site over eventually but until I can get away from kunena it’s not an option.

Has anyone successfully got this to work?

I have just commited the three versions of Kunena bbPress importer for bbPress 2.5

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/includes/admin/converters

Kunena1.php for Kunena v1.x Forums
    Kunena2.php for Kunena v2.x Forums
    Kunena3.php for Kunena v3.x Forums

If you could all give them some tests and let me know if it works or doesn’t work that would be great.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

@ Stephen, thanks.
    My apologies i didnt answer earlier. Had many projects and not much time. Customizing bbPress is something i try to learn for future projects, and one project it is not hurry for.

I will test converting today and write results.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

No, absolutely same problem. Stuck at the same place.
    Plus error with that hard coded jos_ in PHP, but that one is easy to fix. I type my own database prefix.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar