Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Key Master username same as WordPress admin username?

• What happens if I want to integrate my bbpress with a wordpress installation that already has a user with the same username as my bbpress installation’s key master?

Since my user tables are in a separate databases I configured user role mapping in the admin panel. I also configured the advanced db settings for user integration by specifying wp_ as the prefix and 1 as the blog id. However, after doing that I cannot login to my bbpress anymore using the key master account or any other account.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I am experiencing the same issue. Everything was integrated just fine until I assigned roles in the bbPress backend and added wp_ as the table prefix, now I can’t login.

I am experiencing the same issue. Everything was integrated just fine until I assigned roles in the bbPress backend and added wp_ as the table prefix, now I can’t login.

So how the heck am I supposed to log back in to my forum as an admin to change the settings back?

So how the heck am I supposed to log back in to my forum as an admin to change the settings back?

Thing is, you configure role mapping before changing table so that roles of members from the new user table can have proper bbPress roles.

So WP admin will be your bbPress keymaster

Thing is, you configure role mapping before changing table so that roles of members from the new user table can have proper bbPress roles.

So WP admin will be your bbPress keymaster

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar