Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Key Master could not be created!

• I seem to have made a terrible booboo. I installed a clean wordpress mu 2.84a and than tried to install bbpress 1.0.2 with integration… I went to the last step and entered the same admin password for wordpress mu and I got Key Master could not be created! At this point it was completed but I went back to try to correct with a proper forum account and I get the “bbpress already installed ” message…

Anyone know a simple fix besides reinstalling bbpress?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I made the same mistake. It would be a great idea to indicate “You must choose a NEW admin, that doen’t exist yet” at this point of the installation.

I fixed it by reinstalling bbpress but I needed to clean the database first :

– I removed the bb-config.php file

– I looked into the database (using the hosting service tools) and removed all the tables starting with bb_

– then I started back the installation.

I guess you can do it another way, without reinstalling : the problem is that you have bbpress installed without any administrator. You can define one manually in the database (using the hosting service tools) :

– the table wp_users contains the users (I integrated bbp and wp, else I suppose there should be a bb_users, but then we shouldn’t have this error…)

have a look at it and remember the ID of the user you want to put keymaster (for me, it’s 1)

– the table wp_usermeta contains some values about the users.

add a new line containing :

* umeta_id : a non-used umeta_id

* user_id : the ID of the user (1 for me)

* meta_key : bb_capabilities

* meta_value : a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;} (I don’t know what it means)

– then try to connect to your forum and look if you can administrate it !

Can someone says if it works ?

Oh My! Thanks mazzhe! you saved my day! :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar