Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Italics and bold and such

• braenz
    Participant

@braenz

Can someone please tell me how to get bold and italics in posts in our forum (www.monarch.org.nz/forum). The footnote says:

Allowed markup: a blockquote code em strong ul ol li.

Put code in between backticks.

But I don’t understand… I know where the backtick is , and I have tried to get underlining by puttingul` before and after the text I wanted underlined. Is that correct? Because it doesn’t work!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• braenz
    Participant

@braenz

I used the backtick key (to the left of the 1) in my post above – interesting effect.

This page might explain a few things for you: http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic.php?id=3608

Backticks should be used to insert code in your posts that you actually want displayed for readers.

braenz
    Participant

@braenz

Thanks Batrachoid. That has been very helpful.

“Backticks should be used to insert code in your posts that you actually want displayed for readers.”

That’s what I was trying to get my head around. Thanks so much for your help. A bit complicated, though, I think to use a lot. And why is my post above in italics AND indented?

[blockquote]That’s what I was trying to get my head around. Thanks so much for your help. A bit complicated, though, I think to use a lot. And why is my post above in italics AND indented? [blockquote]

You can enter basic HTML in these posts, like type

<strong>bold text</strong>

and you will see bold text; like that.

Alternatively you can download the bbcode plugins and bbcode buttons plugin from _ck_ (that’s what I did), which makes it easier and visual.

Can other tags be added somewhere so they are available to users? I like using strike and underline. What and where would I edit to add these?

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar