Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is this possible?

• lwyndham
    Participant

@lwyndham

I am a newbie to bbpress so please be gentle.

Basically I am looking to have the following functionality on my forums….

1) Any logged in user can post a topic, and any logged in user can post a reply. (standard stuff so far).

2) Reply’s to the topics can ONLY be seen by the person who posted the topic and admins only.

3) I would like to show that there has been an “x” number of replies to the topic but not the actual replies.

Does anyone know if this is possible please?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Anything is posible, but NO, out of the box there is no way to achieve what you are after. Meaning the needed logic is not built into bbPress.

lwyndham
    Participant

@lwyndham

Thank you for the responding to me query Anoited!

I feared that I would get this response, I hoped that perhaps there was a plugin or someone previously may have wanted the same functionality.

Basically what we want is a forum where people can posts training requests, and the logged in training providers could respond, but we need the responses to be hidden to each other so that rival training providers do not get into a bidding war (so to speak).

Perhaps there is a way of editing the plugin so that the code used to display the responses has a conditional statement that will only allow the topic originator and admins to view the responses – not sure how difficult this will be to implement if at all possible.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

From what you have described you would be better off using a support ticket system instead of a forum. There are a number of really good ticket systems available for WordPress and they do pretty much exactly what you are asking for. Better to do that, than to try and shoehorn bbPress into doing something it was never designed to do.

hugo32
    Participant

@hugo32

Your post helps me understand a lot. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see more informative post on your forum.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar