Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there documentation on the bbpress 1 to bbpress 2 upgrade process?

• I noticed that BBPress 2 is a WP plugin, where the first was a standalone. Is there documentation for the upgrade process? Can you still have separate themes?

Any documentation or information on the latest would be great but I can’t find anything on the site.

Thank you!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

That’s because the WordPress plugin is still in beta. There’s bits and pieces of information all over the forum and you can always ask questions of course.

Like…Is there documentation for the upgrade process? :-)

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

:)

I didn’t try it myself, but you can import posts from the stand-alone edition. Try searching for it.

Either way, I would suggest you get a beta running where you try it out first, before you employ it on any live site.

Yea I did and it looks like it is just custom post types/taxonomies/etc.

Maybe I am better off just switching to vBulletin…

So, Custom Post Types / Taxonomies aren’t powerful enough for you?

lol no…it’s a great thing, but I just wanted WP and the forum to be seperate. Probably the only person who wants this.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Separate as in users, or just not an inherent part of WordPress?

I highly recommend Vanilla:

http://vanillaforums.org/

That’ll give you a tight integration with WordPress, but through a “bridge”, so CMS and Forum remain two distinct systems.

I would suggest you to use the standalone version

@Erlend you are the best! Vanilla is perfect…BBPress I guess just isn’t the right tool for this job.

Thanks!!!!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

For what it’s worth, *not* wanting complete integration between a WordPress install and bbPress is the exception rather than the rule. It’s been a long while since someone has wanted two separate and disconnected installations.

Best of luck!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar