Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a way to disable site forums while still having bbPress Group Forums?

• BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

I really want my Buddypress community to be built with only the bbPress forums within the groups page. I really don’t want people to have a secondary forum outside of the group page because, from past use of bbPress, it was too confusing for members to know exactly where to post to.

So can this be done? Is there a way to disable the main site bbPress forums and just keep the group bbPress ones?

Hope you can help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Just wanted to find out if there has been any change to bbPress in recent months that can help me with this issue?

Thanks.

Robkk

@robkk

keep buddypress uninstall bbpress?

Only create “BuddyPress Group Forums”, don’t create other bbPress forums and also make sure you have the BuddyPress Group Forums Root set in Settings -> bbPress (The last setting of that page)

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

I don’t see anywhere that lists only BuddyPress Group Forums. I mean is this from a fresh install of bbPress? I’ve had bbPress for a couple of years and don’t see anything in options, settings or elsewhere in the Dashboard that mentions bbPress.

*Edit*

I mean, I’m on the bbPress Settings and I see the “Enable Group Forums” but I don’t see where to disable sitewide forums.

If you set the ‘Group Forums Parent’ when you open any of bbPress’ group forum you should be redirected to the forum inside the BuddyPress group.

Thus if there are no bbPress ‘standalone’ forums and only BuddyPress Group forums there should not be any confusion.

i.e. No confusion if your not confused by my description above 😉

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Gotcha. Thank ya kindly!

Cool, clear as mud 😉

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar