Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is it time for bbPress to dissolve away as a standalone version?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I dunno mate, i’m happy for the discussion (as there’s alot of discussion to be had from both sides of any point of view), but this “article” doesn’t really say anything we’ve not known already. Matt mentioned in a weekly IRC meeting in december that bbPress was going to be a WP plugin.

I don’t know if Binary Turf is actually a really well known and respected website (i’ve never heard of it before – but that might not mean much), but either way 2 paragraphs on bbPress from someone not involved in the project isn’t really going to bring us any new info.

But its already there in the extend section – https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress/

It’s been there for a while: “Last Updated: 2010-1-13” and says, “Don’t download me yet. I’m in the beginning stages of development.”

As long as it retains the way themes, plugins etc are handled I don’t see a problem with bbpress finally being a ‘real’ part of wordpress and sharing its functions. Hopefully the plugin will encourage more wordpress.org users to get involved.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar